So I'm leaving you

scotty76

Reaction score
My B8 S4 has landed at the dealer's. I haven't seen it yet but will post some piccies in due course. I'd like to thank everyone here for the help, banter and discussion. I've read probably thousands of posts here. I haven't needed much of the freely given advice but I find it great to understand the issues, mods and other tricks people care to share. Keep it up! It's the life blood of the forum.

So a brief recap of my B7 experience:

- Bought from Audi main dealer September 2010
- Current mileage 39k
- Average MPG: a very consistent 30mpg
- Bits replaced: number plate light holders and bulbs x 2, new battery
- Tyres: Kumho KU39 (good, cheap), Conti Sport Contact 5 (excellent, expensive), Marangoni Mythos (cheap, lethal)
- Shark stage 1 remap - excellent, improved the car no end
- Shark stage 1 remap removed, car back to standard - gutted, can see what it was all about
- Waxes or sealants applied: Autoglym HD wax (liked it, not popular, it's not cool), Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro (very nice, doodle to apply, didn't seem to last as well as the HD wax), Dodo Acrylic Spritz (easy as a QD, smears if you are not careful, don't believe the longevity claims)

Would I recommend it? Yep! :)

Reactions: G_Shail and Sandra
Good luck with the new car. Good to see you not leaving us. We look forward to pics. When you collecting? :) x

Reactions: scotty76
Scotty, we'll miss you but I hope you're delighted with the new car. I'm sure we'll sneak a look on your new forum, but don't forget to pop back and say hello from time to time.

Thanks Jeff. I have to stay active on here to see what other mods you can cram onto your car. :)

Reactions: jdp1962 and Sandra
Good luck bro!!!

Your berkshire like me so I may run into you ;)

Not literally though ok haha
:)

Thanks Jeff. I have to stay active on here to see what other mods you can cram onto your car. :)
Hahah! Got some Autostyle mats on order (with a very interesting choice of logo), but other than that, no more mods. Am now starting to save for a Jaguar XF when the mortgage is paid in two years' time.

Reactions: Sandra, warren_S5 and scotty76
Good Luck happy Audi on your next venture

Lucky guy! My dream car is an RS4 B7, one day lol

I'll stick to my 2.0tdi 170 for now :p

well its not as if hes leaving us lol. Hes changing to another A4 :lmfao:

You'll be very happy with a B8 lad, really cool cars.

Good luck with your new car, from a fellow HD wax user, b8 in HD will look like a car in 3d. Lol enjoy and pop back with a pic

Good luck Mucker......wish you all the best with your new one.

BR
Allan

Change over day today. Out with the old...

P1030470.jpg

P1050347.jpg

In with the new...

P1050501.jpg

P1050502.jpg

Reactions: Molnboman, mancdan, jdp1962 and 1 other person