2.0TFSI BUL Failed

Is it just the quattro set up that needs the subframe dropping? I've had the pipe and oil for a while and reading this is making me want to get on with it!

Both fwd and Quattro's have a longitudinal mounted engine so I believe the job is exactly the same. Glad I didn't attempt on my drive, although I've not had the A/C re gassed since I did the turbo, just incase I have to dismantle it again for whatever reason lol

I'm a mechanic so will have a 2 poster ramp, got a little one due next week so promised the wife it wouldn't take long! Only took an hour on my mk4 golf 1.8t, was hoping this would be the same. I might have to have a look beforehand and assess just how crap a job it will be.

No update on the motor today hopefully hear tomorrow and find out how bad everything is and then start sourcing the parts?

I wanted to know does it take a long time to strip the engine out of the car, they told me at lunch time today they had just finished getting it out which is a day and a half

So according to my workshop guide: This is for removing and installing. That said some bolts could be stuck etc which will cause more time.

For the engine only its 6.8 hours
For a full exchange of a engine 7.3 hours
For complete engine strip and rebuild 13.6 hours

So according to my workshop guide: This is for removing and installing. That said some bolts could be stuck etc which will cause more time.

For the engine only its 6.8 hours
For a full exchange of a engine 7.3 hours
For complete engine strip and rebuild 13.6 hours

Let's be honest, if it's anything like Auditex paint and body times, that will be bare knacker, every tool required a centimetre away from you and in an ideal world lol!

Bare that in mind. Auditex thinks we all live in an ideal world and nothing ever goes wrong... I wish we did.

What it would be like to live in a world like that :)

but yes the above is just a guide..

Reactions: Craig Cull
Haha cool I'll use that as a guide sounds like there doing ok then

Right so got the worse news today apparently the engine is completely shot the head is completely done and need a new engine to get it back on the road.

Sadly can't fix it due to lack of funds at the moment so if any one is in the market for a Audi A4 DTM read below.

Audi A4 DTM 2 pref owners full recro with heated front and rear seats front and back park sensors, sunroof basically all the extras apart from sat nav.

Will need a new engine and will need towing.

:crying:

Right so got the worse news today apparently the engine is completely shot the head is completely done and need a new engine to get it back on the road.

Sadly can't fix it due to lack of funds at the moment so if any one is in the market for a Audi A4 DTM read below.

Audi A4 DTM 2 pref owners full recro with heated front and rear seats front and back park sensors, sunroof basically all the extras apart from sat nav.

Will need a new engine and will need towing.

:crying:

Sorry to hear it mate. I do have a block and a head if your interested? I was going to rebuild it but I'm in no rush, so it's in bits. It's from an edition 30 (BYD) you would need to use the valves and cams from your old engine if they can be salvaged, and you will also need pistons and rods. Crank is in excellent shape and the block will just need to honing. Just a thought for ya bud.

If it's out of the question, what are you looking for to buy it as it is?

Once again, sorry to hear the bad news :(

That's terrible mate. Such a shame audi can't acknowledge the **** poor design and offer to fix it to keep a DTM on the road

Thanks for the offer mate but just going to let it go to someone who can afford the time and effort to get it fixed.

I'll probably look at 3k as is, just because i know the value of the seats and other bits.

Thanks for the offer mate but just going to let it go to someone who can afford the time and effort to get it fixed.

I'll probably look at 3k as is, just because i know the value of the seats and other bits.

Could you pm the details please mate. I might be interested.

I've just called ring engineering they have had the same name for 33 years and
I they will rebuild your exhausting engine for £2500 plus VAT and warantee it for a year 12k miles mate.

They have a few reviews on some sites and appear to the go to guys.

Takes a week to do.

Worth a look maybe?