s-line standard suspension setup

• Thread starter imported_carjacker0
  • Start date
I

imported_carjacker0

could anyone answer a question about the b7 s-line standard rear suspension setup.? i have just got a new b7 sline with 18"rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gifand it seems to be sitting high at the back so i was looking at the shocks and noticed two plastic bushes on the rod of the shock (one green the other yellow each about 30mm long and are just clipped on) and want to now are these standard items or where they just forgotten to be taken off after delivery.any ideas would be helpful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gifThe car has a very hard setup compared to my previous b6 and have about 400 miles done now so everything should have settled by now.

Just had a look at my B7 S-line. Had it parked next to a work mate today and noticed his suspension was lower than mine (same models).

Checked tonight and I also had the bushes you described, however only on the one side (drivers rear). I've removed them and hope the suspension settles a bit as a result.

Is yours any better - since the removal? Did you have them on both sides?

Cheers

Mark

hi there ,i had them on both sides and since removed has made a world of difference to the ride quality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif.As mentioned elswhere these spacers should have been removed on pre delivery inspection but also makes you wonder what else was missed .Does anybody know what the full inspection consists off?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Just had all four wheels off the car and found another one wedged on the drivers front side.

Had the car for six months and had thought the suspension was useless on anything but the smoothest of roads.

can't understand why they would ony remove these from one side of the car. In fact don't understand what purpose they serve full stop.

Think anyone taking delivery of a new B7 or any other model for that matter should make this there first point of check. I had read your post previously, as I thought my setup was a bit harsh I had checked the passengers side of the car (which didn't have the bushes). Was only after seeing the difference next to my mates that made me re-visit.

Anyway hopefully nothing else has been overlooked.

Cheers

Mark

Any chance of someone posting a photo showing these bushes and where they are on the car?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Had to rake through the dustbin to find this. Here's the link.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/markjssms/HPIM0439.jpg

There were two bushes on the back, one identical to this and a larger green bush about 50mm thick. This one came of the front.

Look under the rear wheel arch at the shock. Your actually looking at a sleeve which covers the rod, at the top of the sleeve there's an orange rubber damper and the bushes will be sitting on top of this if you have them.

Cheers

Mark

can you see this with car on ground or does it need jacking to extend the rear top expose the bush if still there
thxs for piccy.

i see yellow sleeve on shocks
its above this yeah?

You should be able to see with it on the ground, although I had to get in there with a torch. I've taken a picture of the rear shock, notice the orange rubber Bush, if you have them they'll be sitting on top of this.

HPIM0445.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
hi there ,i had them on both sides and since removed has made a world of difference to the ride quality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif.As mentioned elswhere these spacers should have been removed on pre delivery inspection but also makes you wonder what else was missed .Does anybody know what the full inspection consists off?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not undone for the rear transit cones to be left in place after the pdi. Well done for dealing with it!

Just checked the pre-delivery inspection checklist for my 18 month old cab and these are not mentioned.
So I guess this is an internal checklist
I have ordered a new cab and delivery will be in mid July (once the 2.0T S-Line manual option is available for order) I will definetley ask the dealer regarding these bushes. Good pointers guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Thanks for the advice left on this thread. Noticed my new 2.0T avant ride was hard, particularly at rear and rear was riding high. Checked the shock absorbers as indicated here. Yellow and green blocks/bushes in place. Stopped by Kwik-Fit (local and handy) removed in 1 min (no charge) and on my way. Car feels much better. No bushes apparently left in place on front shocks.

I will discuss with the dealer ...

master mariner.

Thanks for the advice left on this thread. Noticed my new 2.0T avant ride was hard, particularly at rear and rear was riding high. Checked the shock absorbers as indicated here. Yellow and green blocks/bushes in place. Stopped by Kwik-Fit (local and handy) removed in 1 min (no charge) and on my way. Car feels much better. No bushes apparently left in place on front shocks.

I will discuss with the dealer ...

master mariner.
So much for the PDI Checks that are ment to be carried out.It also appears to be a common error that goes across a lot of Marques ?!?!?! It would be intresting to ask for the PDI check sheet [ it is a chargeable cost - not sure if its to the customer or the manufacture - or both!!]

I have just paid to have my rear shocks replaced as the ride height is low on the passenger side on the rear. I know ride height is not effected by the shocks. But I can only go by what Audi tells me. I'll see if these are on them at all as the ride is a little harsh and still low on the rear on one side :yes: