What do you all think???

seandom

Reaction score
IMG 20140505 WA0000
Just fitted my new black optics grill and cupra r splitter and now I'm in love with the front. I hope you all like it

Reactions: Macdoon, TOM.S, jdp1962 and 4 others
That looks fantastic. Job well done. :) x

That makes the SE bumper look nice for a change, will done pal, as mentioned by V6 quatt, have ago at de tangoing those headlight, then it will look the bomb :) not that it doesn't look good already

Thank you all for all your kind comments. Yeah I have been looking at De tangoing the headlights for a long time now, but don't really like the thought of putting my lights in the oven. The lenses are a joke to buy at the moment too. So I'm gonna wait and buy a second pair of lights and try and do them first. So I don't have to take my car apart again only to find I've knackered the only set of lights I've got and can't put my car back together. Oh and jdp 1962 it looks like it's just the 2 centre struts of the splitter that need cutting down a little bit more so that you haven't got a bulge on the bottom. I just got it where I wanted it, and taped it to the bumper, and drilled the first 2 tabs either side of the large struts in the middle, and screwed them down. I then started cutting about 5mm at a time off of the struts and re-fixing it into position to make sure I got the line of the bottom of the splitter straight. Once I was happy with the centre 2 struts I pulled the ends round to where I wanted them and measured them both and taped them into position. Then I just worked my way around drilling and screwing each tab measuring them as I went. I hope this helps

Love the grill. In two minds about cupra splitters on Audis. They seem to be done to the death them splitters. But I do think that on your car there it does look quite good.

You don't have to oven bake them, I used a heat gun on mine and split them that way, plus I didn't buy new lenses, I just used clear indicator bulbs that glow orange :)

You don't have to oven bake them, I used a heat gun on mine and split them that way, plus I didn't buy new lenses, I just used clear indicator bulbs that glow orange :)
Yeah I know rich, but I still want to have a 2nd pair just incase I get a bit heavy with the heat gun lol. And to be honest I'd rather have the lenses fitted as even though they would be clear bulbs you can still see them. I'm very, very OCD with everything buddy. It's just a me thing I'm afraid

Yeah I know rich, but I still want to have a 2nd pair just incase I get a bit heavy with the heat gun lol. And to be honest I'd rather have the lenses fitted as even though they would be clear bulbs you can still see them. I'm very, very OCD with everything buddy. It's just a me thing I'm afraid

If you remove the yellow lenses, I believe you can then fit bulbs that are clear when not in use, but show a yellow light when switched on. I think they're called chrome bulbs. No doubt someone who actually knows what they're talking about will come along with the correct info!

If you remove the yellow lenses, I believe you can then fit bulbs that are clear when not in use, but show a yellow light when switched on. I think they're called chrome bulbs. No doubt someone who actually knows what they're talking about will come along with the correct info!
Yeah me and rich were talking about it above, but I don't even like seeing the clear bulbs. I want it to have the clear lenses and look original

Nah I know what you mean, put your own touches on your car pal, I appreciate that alot, don't be a follower, do it your way :) good on ya

Sorry, missed that bit.

Lol fair enough, them bulbs are called silver tech I wanted some but only had some chavy blue tint ones that a mate gave me and my local tech shop didn't have any in, the only problem is that to replace your indicator bulbs, the bumper and headlights have to be removed, not worth doing intil I have a proper excuse to have the bumper off

I'm not sure but I think it might be possible to access the indicator bulbs by removing the wheel arch liner. Still a major PITA, though.

Do you actually mean the Rich, to replace the bulbs the bumper has to come of??? I'm not sure that's right.

Ahhh you got me wondering now, it's been so long since I did mine, I know for a fact you can't access the indicator bulb by just opening your bonnet, perhaps as jdp1962 said you can access from the arch but I had to remove the head light to change mine, and I thought the bumper had to come off for the headlights to be removed?!? I'm sure someone can comfier this for me ::wacko:

yeah you can do it leaving the bumper on but it is a PITA as jdp 1962 said.

I'm panicking about indicator bulb failure now, bumper off and headlight out to change a bulb!!!!!

Here was me thinking the Polo was a PITA as well.

PS used the chrome bulbs when I detangoed a scooby, they look good.

I'm panicking about indicator bulb failure now, bumper off and headlight out to change a bulb!!!!!

Here was me thinking the Polo was a PITA as well.

PS used the chrome bulbs when I detangoed a scooby, they look good.

The chances of them blowing are highly minimal pal, I wouldn't worry too much lol

The black grille looks awesome! where did you get it from, or did you paint the chrome bit on your existing grille?

Not sure whether a black grille would look out of place on my quartz grey car

I used a seller called Euro.Stores on eBay. There parts are expensive, but are all genuine Audi and are second to none on service and quality. I'll paste the link below for their grills. Make sure you choose the correct one as S-Line is different from SE.
genuine audi a4 b7 grill from euro.stores | eBay

£300?! I'll stick with my chrome one lol. It does look top though!!

£300?! I'll stick with my chrome one lol. It does look top though!!
Haha I thought you'd say that. Mine was quite badly damaged and I didn't want to put one of the cheap looking FK grills on it. They were quite cheap at one point from Audi, but as the demand went up for the optics pack grills the prices sky rocketed. I've had a look on the ETKA catalogue and I think they are now somewhere in the region of 4 to 500 pounds. And I know the RS4 grills are stagerringly expensive. It does look awesome though