2005 2.0T Quattro creaking suspension!!!!!

PA4ul83

Reaction score
It's driving me mad trying to get to the bottom of this and I've seen similar posts on other sites but nobody seems to be able to give a 'how to guide' or an answer based on experience so any help/advise would be much appreciated!

When stationary or at low speeds when turning steering wheel I hear a creaking noise from near side front wheel arch area. Also happens when braking or pulling away so I can only assume it's a dry joint on either a control arm or shock/spring. As it happens when stationary I would imagine control arm is more likely but anybody had same issues?

Took it to local garage who took wheel off and had a 'general look' but could not find where noise is coming from. They say nothing is actually wrong and that it's just an annoyance rather than something to worry about. Problem is it's so loud it's embarrassing to drive around so something needs to be done asap.

you sure its creaking per say and not the bushes worn and its knocking oddly?

I has same problem this week and replaced Both bottom foremost arms and all fixed

We sometimes get creaking noises on the truck track rod ends, to cure needle and syringe with some atf and inject it into the ball joints works a treat, you want a very fine needle so no need to reseal the ball joint gaiter afterwards

Reactions: PA4ul83
Thanks lynallbel, was just looking for place to get grease gun and a fine needle adapter - seen a few online but hoping to get hold of one today while I've got the time. I'm guessing it's not a permanent fix but should give me some time to save up and get job done in a few months if needed. Hoping to identify the noisy joint and will post the outcome once it's been attempted.

Also just noticed you advised ATF for the lubricant, I was planning to use white lithium grease and because I can't find a very fine needle will need to seal the gaiter once small hole is made to inject the grease. If I could get hold of a decent gun and hypodermic gauge needle adapter I would be able to use ATF but as a first attempt it's a spray can and very thin straw. Planning to get some RTV silicone sealant to seal gaiter afterwards but even if it's unsuccessful at least I've tried and cant really make it much worse to be fair.

Well Im not saying its the best lube, but as the old saying goes any oil is better than none, and its actually true, unless you have a dpf of course!
But even the atf is quiet hard to push through the very fine needle, I certainly wouldnt go cutting the gaiter in any way as no matter what you try and seal it with will fail.
Silicone sealant unless special gasket stuff wont last especially on a moving rubber joint.
Message me your address and I will post one up to you, but if its gets stopped you can explain whats going on, you drug dealer!!