• 1 Post By EddyP
  • 1 Post By EddyP
  • 1 Post By jdp1962

Thread: So I've put a deposit down today

Neutral

Status

So I've put a deposit down today

On an A4 Avant 3.0L TDI :D

It's an 05 plate, brilliant condition, not a dent on it, 92K miles, a full stamped Audi history and loads of Audi receipts for work done, recently had new tyres on it too.

The only work I know it needs is Audi at the last service highlighted an engine mount was starting to leak, I can't imagine that being too difficult a job though.

It's not quite the spec I want as I wanted leather, sat nav, parking sensors, but it has some rear parking sensors (I don't think they're OEM ones, how can you tell?) and leather and sat nav can be retrofitted later, to get a car the spec I want you seem to have to up the budget to about £8K.

Fingers crossed picking it up on Saturday :D
    Last edited by EddyP; 1st May 2014 at 21:18.
    jdp1962 likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry about this but I picked my 05 3.0 quattro avant up with leather and sat nav slightly more miles for £4800

Good luck with yours you will love it.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    nav and leather will cos around the grand mark maybe more

2nd Gear

Status
    If the csat nav is like the merc ones of the same age its not worth a ****!
    Tom tom or the tom tom app on your smartphone is excellent with free updates for life.
    Leather is nice but sweaty bum syndrome in the summer

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by joinerman View Post
    Sorry about this but I picked my 05 3.0 quattro avant up with leather and sat nav slightly more miles for £4800

Good luck with yours you will love it.

Well I couldn't find any for that sort of cash, the closet to the spec I could find was £7500. I couldn't keep looking fr much longer as need it soon so didn't want to risk loosing this one as it had excellent history which is often harder to find than the spec.

I've seen quite a few sets of leather go for £350-400 on ebay, sat nav, not sure if I want too much yet as Lynallbell says, the maps could be rubbish - Anyone know?

6th Gear

Status
    The NAV (RNS-E) system on the A4 is very good, yes it does not have full postcode search (first 4 digits only) but does look the part when fitted in the car, also has SD card slots, and the later MK2 has AMI (Audi music interface) support so you can connect, your Ipod, USB or AUX. The bluetooth connection (extra module required) is also very good and can be controlled by the multi function steering wheel if it's fitted.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Eddy, just concentrate on getting your car and liking it.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Neutral

Status
    I plan to mate

Just trying to find more info about the cam chain issue to see if I need to watch out for anything, it was a little rattley from the front of the left bank when first started, I just assumed thats because its a noisy diesel and i'm more used to petrols, it certainly didn't sound like a worrying rattle.
    I understand its only the tensioner in the right bank that causes the problem, presume it's an engine out job to sort?

1st Gear

Status
    If it sounds anything like this A4 B7 3.2 V6 cold start noise (2006) - YouTube walk away, this was my petrol 3.2 v6. We had a lucky escape as was still in warranty!

2nd Gear

Status
    Only thing at the front left hand bank is the belt drive to the high pressure fuel pump

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by imotepify View Post
    If it sounds anything like this A4 B7 3.2 V6 cold start noise (2006) - YouTube walk away, this was my petrol 3.2 v6. We had a lucky escape as was still in warranty!

Nothing like that, probably just a typical diesel noise, will check it again when I go to pick it up though just to be sure.

2nd Gear

Status
    It might be a 3 litre thing as I once heard a noise I hadnt before when wife started the car and have heard it a couple of times since, of course she hasnt heard anything at all! its not a chain clatter just sounds a bit harsh as it fires.
    I saw her off to work today and thought to myself 6 cylinder diesels sound lovely.
    Changing a wheel bearing on the land rover this afternoon, heard what sounded like a tractor coming up the road, looked up was an A3 2.0tdi!

Neutral

Status
    Maybe he needs an oil pump shaft
    jdp1962 likes this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, EddyP. You're joining a great club. My 3.0TDi is far and away the best car I've ever owned.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lynallbel View Post
    It might be a 3 litre thing as I once heard a noise I hadnt before when wife started the car and have heard it a couple of times since, of course she hasnt heard anything at all! its not a chain clatter just sounds a bit harsh as it fires.
    I saw her off to work today and thought to myself 6 cylinder diesels sound lovely.
    Changing a wheel bearing on the land rover this afternoon, heard what sounded like a tractor coming up the road, looked up was an A3 2.0tdi!
    Agree totally on sound of both the the six and the four cylinder diesel.

moderately amusing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, EddyP. You're joining a great club. My 3.0TDi is far and away the best car I've ever owned.

even better than your B6 jeff?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEZ View Post
    even better than your B6 jeff?
    Don't you start that all off again!
    CHEZ likes this.