Remap - Will it be worth it?

Av4nt

Reaction score
So I am booked in for a stage 1 remap in a couple weeks but STILL I just cant figure out...will it be worth it or not?
those that have remaps.. views? will 35hp make much of a difference? is 255 too much for a non quattro? will it cause larger bills later down the line through strain on parts? I am not a driver with a constant heavy foot either.

Its a £500 upgrade with a forge diverter valve thrown in so help me decide in a non petrol head way lol!

Who's charging you 500 notes for a stage 1 + DV???!!!

I'm not going to bother with stage 1 and just go straight to stage 2. Only extra strain it will put on in my view is the clutch. Obviously the engine is going to be working harder but as long as you keep to strict oil and filters changes i can't see it being a problem. Have you had the sump dropped and the pick up changed too? seem's to be quite a good idea.

£500 for a proper bespoke remap with a DV thrown in doesn't sound massively expensive to me.

I would say it will be well worth it, but then again it depends what you want the remap for.

A proper remap will improve the fuelling of the car and will make it more responsive and drive smoother.

J:)

The value of anything is subjective :shrug: whether it's worth 50p, £500 or nothing is just what the buyer is willing to pay. We could do a cost benefit analysis but even still it's just down to interpritation.

£200 for forge valve and £300 for stage 1 map Andrew. Revo charge £500 just for the map itself!! I plan on having oil pickup changed at next service

Reactions: scotty76
£200 for forge valve and £300 for stage 1 map Andrew. Revo charge £500 just for the map itself!! I plan on having oil pickup changed at next service

What car do you have and why are you having a Forge DV? I tend to find a healthy stock DV does a good enough job.

255Bhp isn't anything crazy for a FWD in this day and age, the likes of Ed30's running Revo Stage 2+ are around 365-380Bhp on average, not that we figure chase. what is important is the driveability and mid range performance, a good quality remap would completely transform this. in fact we're so confident in the Revo software that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. (software removed & vehicle returned to stock if not 100% satisfied)

What car do you have and why are you having a Forge DV? I tend to find a healthy stock DV does a good enough job.

255Bhp isn't anything crazy for a FWD in this day and age, the likes of Ed30's running Revo Stage 2+ are around 365-380Bhp on average, not that we figure chase. what is important is the driveability and mid range performance, a good quality remap would completely transform this. in fact we're so confident in the Revo software that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. (software removed & vehicle returned to stock if not 100% satisfied)

I have an A4 2.0T 220 stock. I wouldnt expect the stock valve to last long with its diaphram setup, therefore want something abit tougher. 255nhp not a crazy amount for a FWD is good i like that.

I have an A4 2.0T 220 stock. I wouldnt expect the stock valve to last long with its diaphram setup, therefore want something abit tougher. 255nhp not a crazy amount for a FWD is good i like that.
I'm running 240bhp on the latest OEM diverter. Have been since July last year. If you search on the forum you'll find it should be fine, plenty of people with remap + OEM diverter.

Any idea how much bhp the latest DV will be ok to? Aitn got a clue which is on mine, was under impression there was only one fir my model.

when I spoke to audi they recommended upgrading the D/V as the increase in power may not work well with the OEM valve. Obv this si different from car to car as is usual and im not one to chance things

Last edited:
Any idea how much bhp the latest DV will be ok to? Aitn got a clue which is on mine..assuming an older version

I don't know, sorry. My car had revision C on it. Was swapped for revision G at the same time as the remap. The original was still fine but this was a case of preventative maintenance.

Oh well no harm in sticking a forge on, all does the same thing i guess. Not that you wil have to worry soon you have a beast on the way dont you :p?

Yep, waiting on a B8 S4. :) My B7 is going back to stock on Friday, I expect I might cry.

Yep, waiting on a B8 S4. :) My B7 is going back to stock on Friday, I expect I might cry.

Beautiful, my nexct car wil be an S4 for sure. will you be selling some B7 goodies if going back stock in that case? if so ill keep a look out :p

Beautiful, my nexct car wil be an S4 for sure. will you be selling some B7 goodies if going back stock in that case? if so ill keep a look out :p

Aside from the (soon to be gone) remap my car has no goodies. It's just very shiny as I like Car Detailing. :) It's for sale in the classified section if you want it. :)

Ive only just got this one and added everything in the sig so no new one just yet lol. Look forward to the new S4 pics mate ;)

The original diaphram DV's are nearly all failed by now. The Rev D uses metal internals and holds boost very well. I've run 2.4 bar on it and it's been fine. Only two cars I've had to use Forge valves on, and there is no obvious reason why apart from them being highly modified.

Rick

I switched from a a forge DV to a revision D OEM one with 335bhp and I found the drive with the rev D to be more satisfying. I sold the forge on.

Better money can be spent on the car

Well when I spoke to Audi they hadnt even heard of Rev D OEM valves..so of course even though we know what they are they didnt fill me with any confidence at all !! So I ordered a forge valve so stuff it, too late done and bought lol. It can be mapped with that valve im sure it aint gonna hurt.

Until it starts sticking like mine did....

Thats what valve kit is for to replace/clean it

And unlike on the S3 which is conveniently located at the front of the engine just keep in mind you may need to get to your from underneath the car as it's located at the back of the turbo housing area.

If it was an improvement I'd have no hesitation in recommending, but I've spoken to numerous folk over the last few years that think the OEM revision model is just as good, and may actually be more responsive as the Forge one is vacuum actuated whereas the OEM one is controlled electronically. If you've bought it then that's fine, but if your thinking of buying one it's worth considering all the facts as you may be able to put the money to better use.

appreciate that indeed but I have bought it now so nvm will just make use of it. can always change it if it causes issues. And Craig in leeds is fitting it for me as he knows what he's doing lol.

Spoke to Norwich audi and they actually do know what the Rev D piston valve is so I may just sell the New Forge valve when it arrives and then go get that fitted by Audi and save the hassle. Im sure someone will want a forge valve somewhere lol.

Cheers for that, interesting read. REV D on the way so ill try that first of all