Looking for a new car any help ?

sean-A4tdi

Reaction score
i currently have a 03 A4 1.9 tdi and want to stay with the A4 as i have been enjoying it been looking for a 3.0 tdi but not finding much as i want a manual with quite low mileage or would it be better to get a 2.0 tdi 170 as these are easier to come across any thoughts?

any help would be great cheers.

hi . i am looking for another car owned 9 audis now currently have a 1.9 tdi b6 avant that i am thinking of selling . but personally i would not touch an early 2.0 tdi with a barge pole far far too many horror stories regarding oil pump failure shame really as i fancied a b7

Sean get googling you will soon go of the idea of the 2.0tdi!

For the 170 you just have to make sure the injectors have been replaced under warranty, as the for the oil pump I would just give yourself budget to get that replaced. I just got an early 06 plate A6 3.0TDi which have known injector issues, however I just accounted for that when I purchased the car, If you want an A4 I would not let the balance shaft put you off.

I'm selling my 2.0tdi it's had loads of work done.to it this is ebay number if you want to.check it out 121318984246

i have decided to go for the 3.0tdi i have found one its a s line with 60k on the clock on a 55 plate so would that be the 204bhp model ? and how much would that be valued at as i think it is quite dear from others i have been seeing.

Its worth whatever you are prepared to pay for it.
But if its what you want and you can afford it, buy it.
Buy something cheaper not quite right and you will be kicking yourself for a long time.
I have no idea of prices but can tell you wife bought 3.0tdi quattro SE saloon (aka sod all spec!, its got cruise and all the dash things but still dull) just over 7k with 52000 on the clock.
Ive serviced it, 6 new glow plugs, new pad and tyres all around and in my mind thats it until its done another 10k for an oil change.