Refurbed my wheels today... Opinions?

Kev Boy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought my car a while back and when i got it, the previous owner had refurbished the alloys in a horrible dark chrome colour. It wasnt a good finish whatsoever. Very blotchy and even when sparkling clean they looked filthy.

So i started to refurbish them today. I am going for a clean OEM example. Not a modified look.

Ill let the pics do the talking though...

Wheels before:

10z09rc.jpg

b6zgwl.jpg

During the refurb:

5e5nok.jpg

Comparison: (New-Left, Old-right)

2a6qtjt.jpg

On the car:

a11z53.jpg

5ofhw3.jpg

Only other mod ive done which i thought id add for the crack is the DRL headlights, think they look nice (HID Fogs Next):

34ew948.jpg

So this is how she currently stands. Pressed plates and HIDs all round is the next few little touches.

What do you all think?

Kev.

Huge improvement , great job.

Cheers guys. First time I've tried anything like this and quite please with the outcome. Was gonna get a professional refurb so thought I had nothing to lose with a wee practise. Don't think I'll bother with it for now.

Maybe treat it to other goodies with the refurb money.

Which headlights are those m8 and were did u purchase trying too decide which drls to get myself. Nice jib on refurb too.

Which headlights are those m8 and were did u purchase trying too decide which drls to get myself. Nice jib on refurb too.

They're devil eyes mate. I fitted same to mine last month ;) hth

Great job on the wheels did you lacquer them or are they. Polished Ali? As they will be difficult to keep , see you have done a cracking. Job. On them

wheels look spot on.

tempted to do my TTS 19's as the paint is shocking

Regarding the fogs, I would highly recommend the ice white halogen bulbs off Trups - a fraction of the cost of HIDs and just as good imho

only pic I have sorry ..
null.jpg

Reactions: mikeb7
Cheers for the comments. I thought they looked a lot better too. The old colour was a poor choice by whoever did them. Looks a lot closer to OEM now. Look really nice in the sun, nice sparkle to them.

Unitzero those lights look really nice. Exactly what im after. What sort of job was it to fit them? Is it a bumper off scenario or can they be accessed underneath. What about the dipped? Can they be changed without a bumper removal?

Cheers, Kev.

Fog grills come off iirc and you can unplug the old ones easily enough. Dipped are rather fiddly but doable. I did not take my bumper off.