Anyone selling a wind shield for A4 cabriolet ?

G_Shail

Audi A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
Anyone got one for sell or know if this is something you can buy from audi ??

you can buy from audi
get the KY ready
theres normaly loads that come up on ebay around the 100/120 price.
just look out for the copys they dont fit 100%

What's the KY ? And yeah I noticed a few on eBay a lot with damage tho is this something that is common ?

I recently bought one on ebay for 150
Was an original and I had to change one clip [£10 for two from Audi]
There were a few damage ones which I steered clear of.
Really is a worthwhile purchase.

Reactions: G_Shail
I need one soon so may look there any ideal on how much they are from audi ?

I've looked at these online but wasn't sure if they are worth the money? Are they actually useful or? Bought my old man one for his SLK but it suits it because its only a 2 seater. Photos I've seen on the A4 I couldn't really make my mind up if I liked the look or not, but guess main thing is do they work or not.

Will bear in mind the comments about damaged/copied ones though!

iv had a few a4 cabs only used one once
cant have 4 up in the car with it either

iv had a few a4 cabs only used one once
cant have 4 up in the car with it either

I'm not ***** about people in the back, not one for ferrying people around. Did it block the wind behind your neck?

didnt notice the wind but its noisey

It won't matter too much only having 2 seats , there really good I've been told but worth the money I'm not sure

Its the best purchase you will make for a Cabriolet, they do make a tremendous. Difference. Especially. At speed

Reactions: Geebo and G_Shail
Cheers lads I'll try it , worst comes to worst I'll sell it on

Trust me you wont sell it after using one lol good luck with your purchase. Mine was second hand. With the bag. Off eBay for £80 pounds which was a very good deal ,so eBay's the place

I've driven all the way home from Cornwall (300 miles) at a very pleasant 70mph with one fitted & trust me they make an unbelievable difference. I wouldn't be without one. As there are only two of us I keep mine in most of the time & just fold it over when the roof is up.
I think the Audi steelers charge £250-£300.
Steer clear of non genuine & the ones with damaged mesh. Try to get the bag at the same time to protect it when not in use.
I think you'll be surprised what a difference they make.

We have a genuine one (from ebay) came without a bag (which is a pain but i have something it fits ok in) and it had a very small fag burn hole (which my Mrs fixed easly) I got it at a good price and as others have said it does make a big difference especially at speed.
Now you have me on the hunt for a bag.

Thanks people some good comments and advice there. I've seen a few on ebay around the £80 mark, excuse my ignorance but how can you tell if it's genuine or not?

98% on eBay are genuine and it does have a code number, but just look for genuine Audi

What's the KY ?

3440997.jpg

As for their usefulness, if you drive above 30 for extended periods, yes they are. Passengers (in the front) won't moan about hair blowing all over the place, you can actually have a conversation at 80mph, they also act as a cover for the rear seats, if you were going on a 2-person road trip for instance, which helps make up for the smaller boot in the cab.

I got mine from eBay for £30, absolute steal! the mesh has slightly come away in one corner (which covers the rear seats, not the actual deflector), but it works just fine.

Genuine audi ones have logos and part numbers I believe... have anyone actually compared an OEM to an aftermarket one once it's fitted? I tend to find it stays on for 85% of the summer...

Thanks for reply audi told me today it's £489 for one from them so eBay looks the best place , I will get one just keeping my eye out

Thanks for reply audi told me today it's £489 for one from them so eBay looks the best place , I will get one just keeping my eye out

GOOD LORD........They were around £250 about 18 months ago.......thats some inflation.
So the eBay prices will no doubt increase.
One in good condition with a bag Im guessing £150-£200 would be a good eBay price?

Interesting topic. I just got my A4 Cab and it came with the wind deflector and i was going to sell it until i saw a video of one being used and it explained how to fit it and what it's like at speed.

Think i am going to keep it now i know it works well at 70mph

£200 is ridiculous for what it is, £489 is just unthinkable. It's effectively a foldable wind-break!

Keep scouring eBay, find one local to you to avoid postage and make them an offer. That's how I got mine for £30!

Reactions: G_Shail and Geebo
I've bought two on ebay, the first was damaged, and I didn't realise. It worked for about a year and then broke completely, so I immediately went out and bought another. This time in immaculate condition.

I honestly wouldn't drive my cab with the roof down without it fitted, it really makes a massive difference.

Reactions: G_Shail and Geebo
Anyone got one for sell or know if this is something you can buy from audi ??

Not boasting but I've actually got 2, I could part with one I suppose.

The reason I've got 2 is that the one that came with the car has a couple of small holes in the mesh, not the vertical bit though and not really that noticeable.

We've got a dog that lives in the back seat so the wind deflector is ideal for caging her, I thought I would have a go at modding the deflector by putting a solid cover over the horizontal part to add a bit of security and protection from the elements so I bought another one when I got the chance of one in perfect condition. To cut a long story short I never got round to this and am actually still using the original holed one.

If you are interested I've got a genuine one with 2 or 3 small holes and bag, I'll keep the unholed one!

PS they are worthwhile, particularly at speed. Car looks best with windows down and no deflector but if you are travelling any distance this can get tiring, windows up is better, windows up with deflector up is much better

Think I've missed the boat with these, when I first looked several weeks ago on ebay there was a few around £80-100.....now we've had a bit of sun the prices seem to have doubled!

Might wait till the winter see whats kicking about.