Audi a4 2.0tdi 170bhp turbo issue

T.ENVY

Reaction score
Hi all.
Had a nightmare with the engine so got it replaced with an identical one. Engine code BRD. 2.0tdi manual 170bhp quattro.
now my turbo does not want to kick in.
Do I need to reprogram the ECU as engine was changed . Turbo seems fine all pipes fitted correctly.
Hope someone can shed some light

thanks

Have you had the car scanned for faults with vcds? Check vcds section for someone near with vcds that could scan and diagnose why mate. Have you checked to make sure all plugs for boost sensors, maf etc are plugged in? Vcds will show these

The car was checked through some computer the mechanic used and no fault appeared. all is plugged in and correctly
I have been told as I have had a engine change the ECU needs to be reprogrammed or something?

Anyone shed any light here

Vcds is the program you need as it's vag based an it's used for scanning coding etc.
One of the mods or NHM can point you in direction or explain the ecu being programmed for new engine mate.

The car was checked through some computer the mechanic used and no fault appeared. all is plugged in and correctly
I have been told as I have had a engine change the ECU needs to be reprogrammed or something?

Anyone shed any light here

As a rule of thumb if you swap the engine you should get the matching ECU and DIS done at the same time.
That said and excluding the DIS I am also reasonably sure the ECU can be coded to suit your now replaced engine.
let's see what others on here say ......................