Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New brakes recommendations

Welsh Audi Nut

Status

New brakes recommendations

Guys gona need some new discs and pads soon,anyone got any recommendations of decent ones to buy,and price.
    Preferably ones that will perform better than the OEM ones I got now .
    Car is a 2.0 tdi by the way.
    Thanks
    G
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel
    I'm running the mtec aswell. Even with brembo's I find them a very good disc for the money. Some people say otherwise but I can't fault them
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Plus three for the MTECs. I have them on mine with Mintex pads.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    x4 for the MTECs here.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add nansi_2005 on Facebook
    +5 - I use to have them aswell in My B5 all around! I was really happy for more than 10k miles ! Now i need rear disk for my quattro tdi and i think to take again Mintex!

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    How much did u guys pay for em? Which ones did u get? Theres silver and black editions??!
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ESD1711 On Twitter Visit ESD1711's Instagram Channel
    Another mtec thumbs up from me here.

Didn't bother with the black edition.

Make sure you get the right size - think there's a few options.

For standard size, they'd be my choice time and time again. Might look in to Porsche ones next time though.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Looks like mtec is the way to go then! Anyone know what size discs i need, its a 140 bhp 2.0tdi saloon.also which discs did u get(drilled, grooved , both etc)
    What pads would go best with theese discs?
    Thanks guys

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    Looks like mtec is the way to go then! Anyone know what size discs i need, its a 140 bhp 2.0tdi saloon.also which discs did u get(drilled, grooved , both etc)
    What pads would go best with theese discs?
    Thanks guys
    I wish I had bought the black ones as the silver ones corrode in the centres and start to look abit grubby very quickly. I'm gonna have to set a Saturday aside to paint them as it doesn't look very nice. But I'm just being anal tbh.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status
    m tec & greenstuff im running love it

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    I wish I had bought the black ones as the silver ones corrode in the centres and start to look abit grubby very quickly. I'm gonna have to set a Saturday aside to paint them as it doesn't look very nice. But I'm just being anal tbh.
    Looking , theres also a gold edition available which looks quite cool

5th Gear

Status
    Looking , theres also a gold edition available which looks quite cool
    yeah a seen the gold edition when i needed new rears but got black because a wanted them to match

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Pads ordered went for green stuff ones, need to order discs,going for the gold edition ones i think,not sure what size my discs are tho. Iveseen some 280mm , 288mm and 312mm ones,
    Dont think they are 312mm so it must be one of the other two, can anyone help?.?

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Is yours a 170 special edition? If so fronts are 312mm.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    No mines just a 140 fwd, so i think that rules out the 312mm

Neutral

Status
    I've just done a Brembo setup all round (as some will know) with AP600 fluid. Both braking and ride substantially improved.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Anyone help with the disc size??

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Anyone help with the disc size??
    Search through these pages until you find your car.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    if you want to be 100% sure take one of the wheels off and measure the disc mate

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM.S View Post
    if you want to be 100% sure take one of the wheels off and measure the disc mate
    Yeah ,was trying to avoid having to do it,but I guess I'll have to check it.

5th Gear

Status
    Look at the build sticker in the boot or service book. Then you the code reader and it will tell you the size of your discs
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-1 View Post
    Look at the build sticker in the boot or service book. Then you the code reader and it will tell you the size of your discs
    Option code 1LB is 288mm x 25mm so this is the one im after according to the cide in the boot anyways. Goin to get em orderd now!!

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Discs and pads now ordered,went for mtec gold edition discs drilled and grooved and ebc green stuff pads.
    Should hopefully have a bit better brakes once fitted

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    We'll these bad boys turned up the other day.
    Fitting tomorrow,weather permitting.
    Should have a bit better stopping power after!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398369738.775812.jpg
    jdp1962 and TOM.S like this.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Pics when they're on?

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Will do, fitted em yesterday,still bedding em im, so far im impressed. Will post pics up in a bit

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Big Al likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Nice :-)
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Nice indeed.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Big Al likes this.

A4 2.0T FSI engine knackered!

Status
    Nice! Very colourful brakes combo there
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

5th Gear

Status
    So is the consensus on these dimpled or drilled (with groves on both options)? Know drilled discs can be more susceptible to cracking...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

NOZ
    1st Gear

Status
    can anybody confirm the size of the brake discs front and back for my
    sline Avant 2.0tdi 2007 (b7)
    or do you think to be safe i should take off the wheels and measure (if only it would stop raining )

thanks in advance guys
    [SIGPIC]

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NOZ View Post
    can anybody confirm the size of the brake discs front and back for my
    sline Avant 2.0tdi 2007 (b7)
    or do you think to be safe i should take off the wheels and measure (if only it would stop raining )

thanks in advance guys
    Scroll back up to my post 19 in this thread, clink on the link to MTEC's website than browse til you find the set for your car. It'll give all the sizes.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Have a look in the spare wheel well of youre car it should have a sticker with all the option codes there , if theres on code that is 1LB then your front discs will be 288mm x 25mm, jor just look it up in your manual or googke the code,thats what i did

NOZ
    1st Gear

Status
    found the codes but what sizes are they
    #
    FRONT 1LB
    REAR 1KD

I THINK FRONT 1LB = 288
    BUT 1KD= ???

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM ??
    [SIGPIC]

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NOZ View Post
    found the codes but what sizes are they
    #
    FRONT 1LB
    REAR 1KD

I THINK FRONT 1LB = 288
    BUT 1KD= ???

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM ??
    NOZ, have you tried browsing the MTEC site to find the right set for your car?

NOZ
    1st Gear

Status
    Yup but there. Are 3 different. Sizes. That's why I thought. The codes would be definitely the way to go
    [SIGPIC]

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    1LB is the same cide as mine , size is 288mm x 25mm.
    Rears from what i could find are 255mm.
    NOZ likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast