JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos

Thread: SD card

1st Gear

Status

SD card

Put some music on a 2gb sd card a while back and it plays fine in the car, took it indoors last night and put some more music on it, won't play any of the new stuff in the car but put it back in pc and it plays all the new tracks, what's going on ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    This is happening to me all the time.
    Its because of the format of the file.../ bitrate of them MP3's
    Try converting the music files to different format- then convert them to MP3 again.
    Or just download it again but from a different source.

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

1st Gear

Status
    Agh right thanks, don't have a clue how to do any of that, i just put the card in the puter open media player, drag the tracks i want to the right hand side of the screen & click sync, that's my limit, lol

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    As above really. I use a program called "MP3 quality" something or the other and it allows you to change the bit rate of mp3 files. They tend to work after I've converted them to 320kbps bit rate. No idea why this happens though.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

1st Gear

Status
    Well I've sussed out how to get my music onto the SD card & all plays well, EXCEPT when i try to add more tracks to the card, they go on the card ok & play on the computer but put the card in the car & they won't show up, all MP3
    What's going on ?

Neutral

Status
    I understand that there is a limit to the number of folders and files that the RNS-E can handle on a single card. Also, there may be a limit on the length of file names too.

As for 4GB SD cards I am struggling to find any of the older cards for sale anywhere. Am having to make do with a handful of 2GB cards but find you can get plenty of albums on them. My RNS-E is the 2 SD card slot version - the DVD slot is used by the SatNav.

The only 4GB cards I can find are SD"HC"/Class4 upwards type. Hopefully forum members can suggest an outlet for the 4GB SD cards.

1st Gear

Status

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneSouth View Post
    I understand that there is a limit to the number of folders and files that the RNS-E can handle on a single card.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneSouth View Post
    Also, there may be a limit on the length of file names too.
    Pathname must be less than 64 characters.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

5th Gear

Status
    I got one recently, was a link on here somewhere...works a treat
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post

Pathname must be less than 64 characters.
    Can you explain to a thicko like me what you mean by pathname

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by joinerman View Post
    Can you explain to a thicko like me what you mean by pathname
    See What is pathname? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia Computer Dictionary

Say you've got a file called track1.mp3 stored in a folder called Album1 which is in the top level (root) folder.

Then the filename (obviously) is track1.mp3 (10 characters), and the pathname is \Folder1\Track1.mp3 (19 characters)

The pathname is all the information need to get to the file from the root folder.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Dave, I've shortened all the titles on most of the music & now they play.

At long last , Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by joinerman View Post
    I've shortened all the titles on most of the music & now they play.
    A common problem ...

5th Gear

Status
    Platinum 177106 Secure Digital 4 GB SD Card by Platinum http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000BR9ZR..._XgfStb0FWKVQA
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add al_p on Facebook Visit al_p's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo.King View Post
    was going to get 2 of them but 8.95+vat postage for 2 sd cards they can shove it up there a$$

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by al_p View Post
    was going to get 2 of them but 8.95+vat postage for 2 sd cards they can shove it up there a$$
    It was more the £23 price tag that made my buttocks clench !!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by al_p View Post
    Didn't realise the postage was so high, it was the only one I could find with a decent price as others want £23 just for one,
    I got a 8 from here https://flashmemo.co.uk/platinum-4gb-sd-card.html and they do free postage but they don't have any left in stock.

2007 A4 3.0tdi Quattro S-line, Lava Grey Pearl, 229+bhp, 6 speed manual, Cruise control, Auto wipers/lights, Parking sensors all round, RNS-E Sat Nav, Heated Volterra leather, Adaptive Bi-Xenon plus headlights, Bluetooth phone prep/voice control, DRL, i-Pod dock, Coming home lights, A4 B5 front spring seat mod, LED DRL/side light/numberplate lights, Window tints, Cupra R front splitter, Black front grill, 3.5" custom tail pipes, 8.5x19 Calibre Excalibre wheels running 225/40/19, ET30-R ET35-F.