After advice 3.0d Quattro 2005

Mk2_tel

Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy it but miles are very high.
heres some of the write up

Mileage is on the highside at 224500. Dealer history until 135632 I got it at 185060 and since then the oil has been changed every 4000mls, Oil filter every second oil change, Brake Fluid was changed at 198780, Gearbox and Diff oil was changed at 210080, the fuel filter and glowplugs were done at 214370, Fuel pump drive belt and fuel cooler done at 216024. Car has had a Celtic Tuning Re-map, approx 240 brake, over the std 203. Any queries or questions just ask.

Any advice would be great cheers

At that mileage I would say it would be a gamble, something expensive will crop up at some point, you pays your money, you takes your chances as they say.

Ones of the jobs you will need to do is to strip down the inlet manifolds and the intercooler system as it will be very clogged up by now this was mine @185K http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-...nt-bit-rebuild-repair-thread.html#post2118561 same issue on this 3.0TDI http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-...old-egr-cleaning-refurbishment-help-info.html

It's had a fair bit of work, and it's not on long life service which can be a engine killer for older engines.

Is it manual or Auto, if it's Auto then its less likely its been thrashed to death.

Problem with any high mileage car, is if you are not a mech what you save on the purchase price will be eaten up by repairs.

That is a lot of miles I hope it's cheap. The 3.0 TDI is a chain cam engine and the chains are at the rear of the engine so it's an engine out job to do them and the parts are expensive around a £1000 to do the job.
The early cars suffered with timing chain tensioner issues that were sorted on later cars. If the car has had new timing chains then thats one thing off the list.

3.0 Tdi Cam belt or cam chain

Karl.

Reactions: Mk2_tel
I would be careful if it was me.....the mileage wouldn't be so much the issue for me.....but the potential for something going down which would be expensive would possibly frighten me off!....If it was in wonderful nick, and cheap as f#ck......and drove well.....then I could be tempted......automatic?..let me reconsider. hahaha

Good Luck,
A

Thanks for the advice all
It's 2800quid and think I've made my mind up not to purchase haha

The engine is the least of your worries it's going to be suspension related I would of thought if you got it. There are loads of suspension bushes and ball joints on Audi's that can get very expensive

Thanks for the advice all
It's 2800quid and think I've made my mind up not to purchase haha

Thats probably about right for the miles.
Wifes 2005 3.0 tdi quattro was 6k with 54k on the clock.
I think you have made the right choice, plus you will never be able to sell it after you have added some more miles