• 3 Post By ben.w93
  • 1 Post By NHN
  • 1 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By ben.w93

Thread: The B7 has gone

1st Gear

Status

Unhappy The B7 has gone

So with a heavy heart I bid farewell the my B7 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 233bhp. I have learnt a great deal on here and would like to thank you guys, I also hope that I have been of help. I did a few mods including retrofitting cruise control. It was hover getting a bit long on the tooth and about to hit 100,000. Its not all bad new though. I stayed loyal to the brand and now have an A5 3.0tdi so will be on the forum and drop in from time to time if I can be of help, will post some pictures of the old B7 and the new A5, I did however not realise on the test dive the A5 had no cruise control, so will have to look into getting it retrofitted if anyone has advice (wrong area of the forum I know) All the best, Ben.
    NHN, V6 Quatt and Macdoon like this.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Good luck with the new motor...chin up mate its a new A5 nice upgrade plus another 3.0TDI

Whats the colour and spec?
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Quatt, its a 2008 (57) silver SE with 19" I think to be S5 wheels gun metal, in silver, with black leather heated seat, bi-xenons, full MMI, detachable tow bar, bluetooth, Ipod interface and B&O. Will definitely put some pictures up later, did a 120 mile drive in it tonight, did 39.7 mpg where as my A4 would reliably the over 44mpg on the same run to Cardiff. Its standard from what I can gather, but it goes slightly quicker off the line than my mapped A4 but seems to run out of puff sooner, hopefully when the A5 gets remapped it will do over 40 mpg and with cruise fitted. I have found it gets a bit more unwated attention though, had a BMW trying to have a go and then tailgate me when I didn't want to play. My B7 had better spec on it like adaptive xenons, auto dimming mirrors, and CRUISE which I miss, but the A5 is a lovely drive.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI

5th Gear

Status
    All the best with your new baby....but 100k miles long in the tooth?....hehehehe

Good Luck
    BR
    A

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    All the best with your new baby....but 100k miles long in the tooth?....hehehehe

Good Luck
    BR
    A
    My thoughts exactly...I'm booked in for a gearbox and rear diffrential service this weekend as I'll be hitting exactly 100k.

I was originally going to get an A5 3.0TDI but they were out of my budget this time two years ago.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ben.w93 View Post
    I did however not realise on the test dive the A5 had no cruise control, so will have to look into getting it retrofitted if anyone has advice (wrong area of the forum I know) All the best, Ben.
    We can fit cruise control for you, ping a PM as I have a job down in Exeter soon, so I can if need be pop in & do this on route or on my way back

We can also fit the other systems missing aswell
    ben.w93 likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Enjoy the new car, Ben.
    ben.w93 likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    My thoughts exactly...I'm booked in for a gearbox and rear diffrential service this weekend as I'll be hitting exactly 100k..
    Let me know how that goes, Azeem. I'm thinking of doing the same with mine (which is a ZF auto box)
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Tiptronic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Let me know how that goes, Azeem. I'm thinking of doing the same with mine (which is a ZF auto box)
    ^^ this please (133k and haven't had diff or box fluid changed...)

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

1st Gear

Status
    I know they can take the millage, but it was easier to out the car at 98,000 than 100,000+ flickr seems to have changed and I haven't worked out how to upload some pictures of the cars. Thanks NHN for the input, PM sent hopefully.
    V6 Quatt likes this.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    We can fit cruise control for you, ping a PM as I have a job down in Exeter soon, so I can if need be pop in & do this on route or on my way back

Hi, can you fit MMI or AUX socket to allow iPod dock?
    Cheers

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post

Hi, can you fit MMI or AUX socket to allow iPod dock?
    Cheers