Badger5EM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Help changing wiper blades

I have had a look through the topic nothing yet has helped. I have tried pulling and pushing with a hectic of a lot of force.

It just feels uncomfortable and that something that shouldn't is going to give way.

I have no clue how to get them off , YouTube has been fruitless too.

Here's a picture if my blade , if I'm missing something obvious please put then dunce cap on me and tell me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Just type ' how to remove wiper blade a4 b7 ' in Google

5th Gear

Status
    Am a mechanical numpty Mate.....and if I can do it anyone can.....Firstly....Might want to make sure you protect your windscreen from the wiper arm smacking your windscreen by placing cardboard or a towel on the screen.. A wee squirt of release spray into the gap of the plastic arm bit might help too. It will probably be stuck together with road muck and salt...Just hold the main plastic bit and pull it the opposite way / away from the wiper arm.....Putting the new ones on...depending on type, if it's Valeo / VAG they do have seperate blades for driver and passenger side.

Good Luck
    A

Neutral

Status
    No joy another day of struggling !!

Tried the above , no joy they appear wielded on !

I've taken a few more pics

Totally baffled ! Never thought wiper blades would defeat me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4th Gear

Status
    Strange, the plastic should just slide open with some light assistance. Have you tried placing a flathead screwdriver between the metal and plastic?
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

5th Gear

Status
    Jaysus, what are they doing to you Mate! There's only the a metal male tongue part holding the blade part onto the arm itself, between the wiper arm and the smaller wedge section. You could try moving that part with something safe, to free it up a bit. Don't end up doing a Basil on your car....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc

Keep the Faith,
    A

IMG_20140407_185132.jpg
    Last edited by Molnboman; 7th April 2014 at 18:06.

4th Gear

Status
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Neutral

Status
    looks like corrosion as i had one side that was a nightmare to remove as the inside was corroded.
    I found it easier to kinda squeeze side while using my nail to catch the clip to push off while pulling and squeezing though and keep working the whole side from left to right but i mostly went to the top to edge it off. As mentioned above try using a screwdriver, could use some wd40 if you place a towel on the screen under wiper to catch residue, then clean the crap of before install the new wiper.

4th Gear

Status
    Good luck mate, just watch you're windscreen and you're hands if using the screwdriver. Luckily mine came off fine. But putting the new ones on was another story.

1st Gear

Status
    I feel your pain, I couldn't believe how difficult it was to get them off, brut force won eventually but I did feel as if something was going to break. Not the best design imho.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel
    Spray some wd40 into gap, it will move eventually, you'll just find it's corroded inside.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Neutral

Status
    Stick a flat screwdriver between the cover and end of wiper, then simply twist... the cover should pop off