Window help

chris199

Reaction score
Hi guys bit of a problem my drivers side window has gone down but I can't get it back up ? Any ides on how to manually get it back up without breaking anything I've orderd a new switch as it's the one I have at the moment that I think is faulty, just I can't use the car if the window is stuck down :( any help much appreciated

Jeez I hope I'm hoping it is just the switch nice easy fix, fuses ok and relays are ok so next port of call is the switch I think fingers crossed, just need to get the window up then al be ok

do the other wivdoes work ?
does the locking and mirrors work ?
if yes its not the loom
as above press and hold lock for a few seconds it should roll the window up
if it doesnt its the motor

Hi guys bit of a problem my drivers side window has gone down but I can't get it back up ? Any ides on how to manually get it back up without breaking anything I've ordered a new switch as it's the one I have at the moment that I think is faulty, just I can't use the car if the window is stuck down :( any help much appreciated

Chris, when you say its gone down, did it go down silently and using the electric motor or did it get stuck a little and grind etc. When trying to get it back up does it make any noises etc?

I only ask because there is a common problem on both Audi's and VW's regarding the window regulator mechanism. its a common fail and pretty reasonable to fix. I am sure there is a how too on here but it does mean stripping the door and fitting a new mechanism.

I just wanted to get clarification, it may be an electrical fault as you 1st thought.