2.0 tfsi interchangeable

dwaramage1982

Reaction score
Just a quick question does any one now how interchangeable the 2.0 tfsi engines are I need a bottom end for my 55 reg a4 and found one from a golf but will it fit ie bell house size

Just a quick question does any one now how interchangeable the 2.0 tfsi engines are I need a bottom end for my 55 reg a4 and found one from a golf but will it fit ie bell house size

Pretty sure they are all the same, but if your gonna go down that road, I would strongly consider the S3 bottom end or full engine. Loads stronger. Check olethalb Dtm k04 build thread. He shows the minor difference between the 2 when fitting the S3 engine.

I might even do this to mine.

I was thinking the same but the rods are the main weakness, so easier to do the rods, plus you have the full history with the engine and the same engine number on the v5, that's what stopped me

Pretty sure they are all the same, but if your gonna go down that road, I would strongly consider the S3 bottom end or full engine. Loads stronger. Check olethalb Dtm k04 build thread. He shows the minor difference between the 2 when fitting the S3 engine.

After further research and speaking to someone who cross referenced the part numbers. The BUL engine has the weak pistons and rods just like the mk5 golf gti engine. The blocks are all the same but the S3 has different cams, stronger rods and much stronger pistons. Some tuners have seen 500lbft of torque with the standard rods, although I've been told 450lbft is the safety margin. I would personally rebuild the standard engine with forged internals, that way you can move forward if you wish. 😃

Just thought I'd update you on my findings.