Calliper Paint options

Khanage

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a Phantom black S-line Special Edition with the multi-spoke RS4 style wheels. I'm getting my wheels refurbed within the next couple of weeks and the guys have offered to powder coat my callipers whilst I'm having the wheels done.
At the moment the wheels are the standard Audi silver.

I'd like some suggestions on how I should go forward. I'm considering anthracite or black finish with blue callipers like the picture attached.
Any thoughts?

Bluecalipers2BMW

You can't go wrong with red. But if you want different and loud you could try yellow. Proper evil

Unless you have brakes to show off about, i.e. massive 6/8 pots and or ceramics...

leave them black or silver.

Anything else just looks cheap and a bit sad.... (only IMO of course)

Reactions: Geebo and DieselJake
Yeah, they are standard unfortunately, so I may just leave the wheels as silver or anthracite and get them done in black.
I'm not sure on red or yellow, feel they may be a bit over done these days?

I think red or yellow only looks good on a "supercar" - something a bit mental..

and obviously on a 1.2 Fauxfail that's been driven through Halfrauds window....

What engine you got? Because my calipers on my 3.2 are quite big and they will be red. I did red on my type r brakes and they looked good. But it's not up to me mate it's your personal choice. If you like blue go for blue. I'm not sure though how hard wearing powder coating will be?

I was advised by an alloy wheel refurbishers that are very good to use engine laquer. Very tough and can withstand the heat

It's a 2.0tdi 170bhp, so I'm sure the brakes are uprated compared to the normal.
I'll look in to how long powder coating will last on callipers. If the results don't come back positive I'll just go without until I look to upgrade my brakes. I've gone over 2 years without complaint so far lol