Dreaded dpf

Chuck32

Reaction score
Alright folks. Got a 2007 a4 2.0tdi, engine code BRD r4. Got Dtc 008194 (particulate trap bank1) p2002 - 006 efficiency below threshold. Have followed Ross tech wiki to manually regenerate car. Soot was up at 130ish and managed to get it to 20%. Can't get it any lower. Could anyone tell me how to get it to force regen through vcds? I don't have the security/access key for it. Think that's all that's holding me back. Thanks in advance.

Is it not the first part of this document that describes how to regen it.
Diesel Particle Filter Emergency Regeneration - Ross-Tech Wiki

How many miles has the car done?. It's not always possible to get it down to zero as there is usually a build up of ash that cant be burnt off. especially if there has been an issue with the car or it has not regenerated for a long time. Unfortunately DPF's don't last forever.

Karl.

It was the top part I followed and could only get it to 40% but then when I go to retry it's at 20ish% until I start and it goes back up. The dtc will erase but appears straight away. I was told the lights won't reset until soot mass is under 10% that's why I wanted to do a forced regen by vcds. I work with nissan and you just hit the regen button for that,nice and simple. I tried to trick ecu into thinking dpf was replaced but the value is already at 0. I thought if done a forced regen and it still failed I'd replace the g450 sensor but since there is no dtc for it,that was last resort.

Or is the forced regen done through the manual depending there the 1 sits on the measuring block? Just re read the wiki link

Sorry forgot to say it's at 118k. A friend wanted me to try sort it. I'm still b6 20vT,much less hassle,haha.