coilovers are they going to break the bank ............

NOZ

Reaction score
looking for coilovers for my s line 2.0 tdi avant that are going to give me good service but will not break the bank, there are many to choose from and prices vary dramatically and rumours strife, so i thought you guys always step up to the mark and deliver

:arco:Noz

223584 10151295322787197 1098519989 n

looking for coilovers for my s line 2.0 tdi avant that are going to give me good service but will not break the bank, there are many to choose from and prices vary dramatically and rumours strife, so i thought you guys always step up to the mark and deliver

:arco:Noz

View attachment 29791

I couldn't tell you much about the cheaper versions of coilovers, but I went for a mid range kit which cost me £860. Eibach pro street. All I can tell you is they are absolutely worth every penny.
I was worried that I would loose the OEM feel and they would be 'crashy'. But they feel exactly the same as OEM only more refined and sporty. Normal driving consists of a nice enjoyable comfortable drive (even over speed bumps) and driving properly see's the car handle like it's on rails. So stiff when required without compromise on quality or comfort. I can't begin to imagine what the better more expensive models would feel like. But these along with Eibach anti roll bars are an unbelievable combination. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: DieselJake and V6 Quatt
A gew guys on here i recall having jom coilovers, and had inky good things to say about them and were very reasonably priced to.

Hi mate, I'm running joms on my b6 :) they aren't too bad to be fair a bit bumpy on rough roads but they do the job for me and they only cost £200 and comebwith a 2 year warranty which I suppose isn't too bad :)

Joms keep coming out as the budget coilover of choice it would seem. Plenty of happy customers.

Gotta say, I've heard good things about joms aswell. Would be interesting to feel the difference.
Suppose it all depends what you want out of them really.

before i went down the air route I had JOMS and loved them, ride was good handled sweet honestly couldnt fault them for the money they are deffo worth a thought! :)

Just buy a set of Lowering springs, you will prob set coilovers once and forget about them so it is the same thing...

I had JOMS too, they were more comfy then the S Line suspension I thought. If you're on a small budget i'd go for them.

I recently upgraded from Raceland £200 cheap ones (perfectly good and not uncomfortable atall) to some £480 FK high sports and I don't feel any difference in day to day driving. And I live in the sticks near dareham Norfolk.