Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lynallbel
  • 1 Post By jdp1962

Thread: 3.2 quattro water pump

Neutral

Status

3.2 quattro water pump

We have finally got our hands on the A4 and just wondering if we should replace anything like the water pump to be on the safe side on our other cars we have always changed the cambelt ect have any o you guys had the pump changed and how much was the work? The cars on 125300 ish miles.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I would try a google image search first, as most modern cars drive the water pump from the cambelt, so possibly wont be just a quick/cheap job.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    as above the cambelt runs it
    the pump is cheap but the full job is a fukker

Neutral

Status
    I have been told that some cars have the water pump driven by the cambelt but why would you drive a pump from the cam chain/belt when there is an aux belt? If the pump fails it would fudge the lot before you could pull over. I was told this on my old v6 but turned out that people just change the pump at the same time as the cambelt because they think it will save on the £££ even though it was driven by the aux belt. Cant find much about the 3.2 v6 water pump but is cam chain not belt if that makes a difference lol

1st Gear

Status
    Well if its chain thats at least good news, Ive just done some googling and theres very little info out there.
    imotepify likes this.

Neutral

Status
    lol not much on the net about them mate.

3rd Gear

Status
    Not bothered changing mine. Although I did have the aux belt go and it fudged up my electric fan as well so may be worth a look!
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

1st Gear

Status
    If you can look down from the top with a torch at the belt and the pulleys, get someone to start it and watch each pulley in turn as its stops and starts, if the belt stays central pulley is good, if is shifts a little to one side or another when starting or stopping that pulley and whatever its attached to needs attention.
    Rare for the flat belts to fail for no reason, usually a pulley fault, tensioner is favourite as it moves on an arc and the pivot assy wears.
    Is the engine fitted to any of the bigger models?

3rd Gear

Status
    They do a 3.2 A6. My belt failed due to a rabbit in the under tray we believe decapitated and everything. God knows how it got in there. Belt made a right mess though broke all the plastic flaps off from the radiator as well as buggering my fan. The tensioners etc were checked just incase.
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzini7 View Post
    They do a 3.2 A6. My belt failed due to a rabbit in the under tray we believe decapitated and everything. God knows how it got in there. Belt made a right mess though broke all the plastic flaps off from the radiator as well as buggering my fan. The tensioners etc were checked just incase.
    Bunny killer!
    rizzini7 likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.