Audi B7 S-line buyers guide?

AudiA3JJ

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 06/07 S-Line, could anyone recommend any definitive buyers guides you might have used and found helpful. Links appreciated?
Thanks in advance anyone :)

Cheeky plug......My Avant is for sale.......

IMG_4263_zps5c20cacf.jpg

Reactions: imotepify
Lol.. What Mileage is it and what Price your looking for? Have you got service history?

NOt 100% sure tbh......its JUST how i wanted it....so if it sells it sells, if it doesnt then fine

93k with full service history including the cambelt replaced and the injector/wiring loom replaced as of the recall from Audi. As it sits on the TTRS rims im wanting £9800 but with the OE Black 18" Rims im after £9000...

Simple answer is to look at the sticky section above and basically there only appears to be two rules
1, avoid any 2.0 tdi like the plague
2, avoid any multitronoc gearbox like the plague
Simple eh?

lynallbel:2108216 said:
Simple answer is to look at the sticky section above and basically there only appears to be two rules
Simple eh?

..Hmmm...Guess what I bought a 2.0tdi with multitronic! LoL

Simple eh?

Great advice !

Just curious as to what peoples experience of multitronic is in this thread?

I had it on a B6 2.4 V6 petrol. I had the car for four years, and took it from 54,000 to 90,000 miles. I had the oil changed twice in the time I had it, and nothing went wrong. It was a 2003 model, so the first generation design that was more prone to problems. Later ones are a lot stronger, but can still suffer from random ECU failures.

They do have a bad reputation but a high percentage of failures can be put down to people not following the service schedule (oil change every 40,000 is an absolute must) or remapping diesels to push out more torque than the early boxes were able to handle.