Absolute praise for VAGPRO

AY4

Reaction score
Yesterday (after being a new member on this site for a few weeks) I purchased my first ever Audi A4 convertible. I knew it had a problem with the roof not working properly before I bought it. The car was very competitively priced and I decided to go ahead with the purchase and take a hit with getting the roof sorted. I was surprised how much Audi were charging for roof repairs...£600, £800, £1500 and some poor soul was quoted £2500!! It was through audi-sport.net that I met Khurrum from VAGPRO. On the way back home from picking up the car I stopped off to see Khurrum. The guy is like a whirlwind!! I timed him, it took him 25 minutes to fix my roof and do a full fault diagnosis (all with a 2 year guarantee) Not only does he do what he does efficiently, professionally and courteously, he also shares his knowledge freely and with great enthusiasm and pointed out a number of smaller issues that I hadn't spotted when I viewed the car. He also pointed out a slight bulge in one of rear tyre walls that I had obviously overlooked. I cannot praise him enough and would therefore recommend him without hesitation. I would even go as far to say, that if anyone is thinking of buying an A4 convertible that might have roof issues and are worried about it....don't be!! Buy the car and give VAGPRO a call. Thanks again Khurrum.

Last edited:
Reactions: James_TDi, Macdoon, Sandra and 2 others
Where is he based?
Is it a one man band at home or with a garage etc.?

What else does he do, or just soft top repairs

Bye what was wrong with yours and cost to fix?

Hi. He is based in Rugby. He works for/owns VAGPRO (just type VAGPRO in the audi-sport search bar and you'll find him). I think he does other stuff. Based on his knowledge of interpreting the scan results and the fact that he pointed out other issues on my car that I had not spotted I have to assume that he knows more than just roofs. Give him a call and have a chat to him with your problem and I'm sure he will help if he can. My roof sometimes went down all the way but would not come back up or it would only unlatch itself from the windscreen frame and stop after opening only a few inches. His prices do vary and for me to say exactly how much he charged me would maybe be a little misleading as I guess his prices change according to location (as he can sometimes come to you if he's in your area) and work involved...suffice to say it was probably around the sort of figure that four people could go out and have a curry on with a few beers each. Compared to what Audi were quoting other people, think kebab and not filet mignon!! Hope this helps you.

I agree with the above. My roof packed up yesterday and Khurrum gave me advice over the phone.
If I'd been local I'd have been round to his in a flash but I'm not.
Turned out my problem was loose (one had fallen out) front motor mounting bolts so the front catches didn't work properly, so the roof didn't work.
Khurrum diagnosed a front motor problem on the phone and I took it apart myself with a view to buying a replacement from him. Turns out I didn't need it as a simple bolt replacement and tightening of the second bolt fixed the problem.
I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again.

http://www.vagpro.co.uk/