Worried about stutter in my A4 3.2 V6 FSI (automatic)

Platinumpete

Reaction score
Could anyone help please?

I am concerned about my Audi A4 S-line 3.2 V6 FSI Quattro. I have recently noticed that it is not as tight as it felt when I bought it a year ago. It feels a bit shaky going from say 50mph up, I thought it was the wheels not balanced properly, but I had the wheels balanced and it's not them. The track rod ends also look like they are in good condition so I don't know what it could be?

I have also notice recently that from time to time the car feels like it is stuttering. It usually happens when I have taken my foot off the throttle or am sitting at low revs. The car doesn't loose any power but it just doesn't feel right.

I have also had 3 occasions that I have gone over a large speed bump and god car has knocked itself completely off, could it be a loose connection or something more sinister?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

You cant tell condition of track ends just by looking at them, bump the thing one wheel up a kerb and get someone else to shake the steering wheel going from 9 oclock to 3 oclock and you crawl underneath and look at the joints, a very small amount of lift is acceptable, (by small I do mean small) any lateral ie sideways movement is bad news.
Its more likely to be a bush worn if its got bump steer, or it may need setting up properly, very few places can do this properly, they say they can and you get a 4 wheel alignment which is only part on the story but you want all camber angles checked as well.
This was the place that did my old E430 a few years ago, after it was done it ran straight and true right up to the limiter.
Conversely had the wifes C320 done over place near dartford crossing, was better but nowheres near as good.
UK Tyres Online Cheap Car Tyres Shop | Blackboots Wheels in Motion

Last edited:
Reactions: kanecullen89
Cheers for the advice. The roads over here are horrendous at the moment which is probably 75% of the problem. I wonder why I pay so much road tax to drive on them!