Whats the biggest rear brake discs you can fit on rear A4 3.0 TDI?

V6 Quatt

Reaction score
Whats the biggest rear brake discs you can fit on rear A4 3.0 TDI without having to modify or change brake callipers?

Whats the biggest rear brake discs you can fit on rear A4 3.0 TDI without having to modify or change brake callipers?

Unless you change the carriers or possibly even the calipers aswell, I think your pretty limited mate. The S4 rear conversion cost me £260 all in. Fronts cost £540 all in.

Reactions: Rhysy_Baby and V6 Quatt
I thought the 3.0 tdi had S4 size discs anyway? Happy to be corrected though/

If they have 300mm vented rears mate then you would be correct. I thought they had 288mm rear solid discs but I'm not 100% sure. I'll have a look on my dads.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Yeh let me know is it the same size on the B6 aswell?? Would they fit a B7 rear??

The 3.0 TDI discs are same as A4 Spec Ed 220 model all round i believe.... which would be Rear 288mm solid

Yeh let me know is it the same size on the B6 aswell?? Would they fit a B7 rear??

I bought S4 calipers from a B6 mate.
The B7 is just a face lift B6. Loads of parts are interchangeable as far as I'm aware

Thanks. ..
So its the discs and calipers...and carriers needed??

Ahhh I notice from your signature you went to Rick for a map great guy loads of knowledge. ...can't praise his work enough. ..

Ahhh I notice from your signature you went to Rick for a map great guy loads of knowledge. ...can't praise his work enough. ..

Yeah he's most helpful and give me what I wanted safely aswell. I wouldn't go anywhere else now. Yet to pop over for the dyno, but no rush. My mates going over in his DTM to see him . I've also learnt a lot from him . Some tuners like to be a little secretive. It's the flat shift and launch control that does it for me lol!

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Yeh me too.

He transformed mine into a MONSTER...:o.k: His one of the best

He also done my brothers A6 3.0 TDI QS
Yeah he's most helpful and give me what I wanted safely aswell. I wouldn't go anywhere else now. Yet to pop over for the dyno, but no rush. My mates going over in his DTM to see him . I've also learnt a lot from him . Some tuners like to be a little secretive. It's the flat shift and launch control that does it for me lol!

Reactions: Craig Cull