Interior Dash Trims B6/B7

Camster

Reaction score
Hi

Quick question regarding the dash trims (silver/black/carbon fibre):

Are there any differences in the fitment between B6 and B7 trims and can Saloon/Avant trims be interchanged as well?

Thanks all,
Camster

They look pretty much the same

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, they do look the same though the various ones for sale specify the year/model they came out of and say "may" fit other models.

I'd hate to buy a replacement set to find the fit isn't perfect between the different years/models.

Thanks,
Camster.

B6 ones are definitely the same and I'm 99% sure avant ones are the same.

I got a set of B6 ones and rubbed down to a brushed finish then clear coated to tidy my interior up.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Yes, they are definitely all the same for B6 & B7 saloon and avant. However convertible has different shorter rear passenger side trims. Also single DIN has a curved front ashtray, the double DIN a flat front ashtray. Manual & automatic gearshift surrounds are also different.

Here are the trim part numbers, which I recently put together in a spreadsheet -

Part No Description
8E2853189 dash trim left
8E2853190 dash trim right headlight switch surround
8E0864261 manual gear shift surround
8E0857951 front ashtray (single DIN)
8E0857961 rear ashtray
8E0867409 front left door
8E0867410 front right door
8E0867419 rear left door
8E0867420 rear right door

Hope that helps!

Alistair

Thanks guys & Al for the numbers.

I have a dolphin grey avant with black SE extras but have the silver aluminium dash trims. I really like all the black extras so am considering switching out the silver trims. I thought about wrapping them but I'm a bit of a sucker for OEM and rarer parts.

May have found a replacement set so just looking to confirm fitment.

I had a really nicely modded Honda (either all OEM parts or rare Japanese parts) and after that I decided not to mod any future cars. Bought a Mitsi GTO a few years back and decided to keep that nice and OEM but scored my favourite set of Japanese wheels for it but never fitted them (still have them...GTO and the wheels).

Once I got the Audi I decided I wouldn't do any mods bar some small, simple ones but I can see me getting a bit carried away and these trims will just be the start, haha!

I should leave well enough alone...we shall see.

Reckon I'll go for the trims and hope the fitment is perfect. Hopefully it's a manual so the gear surround/front ashtray are perfect.

Thanks again,
Camster.