Tiptronic gearbox any good?

AudiSport

Reaction score
So I'm looking to go Auto on my next car, and fancy a 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic.
What are they like to live with? And has anyone run one of these with a remap - how does it handle the torque? And finally, do they all come with flappy paddles?

thank you!

If its the cvt box start running away now!
Get googling and be afraid
I think only way to get a proper slush box auto is to get a quattro but you need to confirm that

I have the 7 speed CVT gearbox, done 162,000 miles.

Don't know why people asume bad things when they've never owned a car with it in.

Yes, I will be buying a Quattro 'Tiptronic' auto.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Personally I wouldn't touch an auto unless it was DSG. Sadly Audi have only fairly recently started bringing out in-line engine vehicles with DSG and even then I *think* its B8 petrol models only.

I have the 7 speed CVT gearbox, done 162,000 miles.

Don't know why people asume bad things when they've never owned a car with it in.

Singh, have you done the entire 162k?
If you google audi multitronic problems you will see, you may just be one lucky fella!

The autobox is fine if they are serviced and have the gearbox oil replaced every 40k

The autobox is fine if they are serviced and have the gearbox oil replaced every 40k

Audi service manual don't quote this though
So how much do dealer or Indy charge for this as I hear the oil is expensive!

Audi service manual don't quote this though
So how much do dealer or Indy charge for this as I hear the oil is expensive!
My previous A4 was a B6 with Multitronic auto box. The service manual very definitely did quote the need for an oil change every 40,000 miles. Typical cost at a good indie was around £160 in 2010. Probably around £200 now.