BGB or BUL

Bulbul68

Reaction score
Peeps, I own May 2007 B7 Cab with a 2.0 TFSi and FWD, how can I tell if it BGB or BUL? Also, what are the differences, is one ' better ' than the other?
Cheers

BUL is the DTM and Special Edition variant. From what I know of from a previous post literally 2 days ago, these have forged pistons. Mines running full stage 3 K04 hybrid and it loves it. As far as I'm aware the bgb doesn't have forged pistons. Good engine all in all from a BUL owner

Peeps, I own May 2007 B7 Cab with a 2.0 TFSi and FWD, how can I tell if it BGB or BUL? Also, what are the differences, is one ' better ' than the other?
Cheers

Hey just to clarify. There isnt only one 2.0tfsi engine there is few in the 200hp range on the other hand the 220 hp was only the BUL engine. The 200 hp engine codes are as follows is either BGB, BWE, BGP, BWT etc. There is a few way to tells one you can go look in your service book and there should be a a5 size sticker stuck inside the book and it will say the code there. Otherwise if you look in your spare wheel well on the right there has to be a sticker there unless again its come off through age. Last but not least you open the bonnet and have a look were the valve cover joins the head on the right hand side of the engine there is a little lip that sticks out and it will say the code there.

Cheers fellows. So if the non Bul doesn't have forged pistons, how much BHP can it take? I'm thinking of a bluefin upgrade which is only 40 or so. Also, in all of your collective wisdoms, which 2.0 turbo engine is best and why?
Cheers

Cheers fellows. So if the non Bul doesn't have forged pistons, how much BHP can it take? I'm thinking of a bluefin upgrade which is only 40 or so. Also, in all of your collective wisdoms, which 2.0 turbo engine is best and why?
Cheers

Mines going on the dyno today so I will be able to give you a figure that it will take on standard internals, but bez, Solaris and oly have seen 330bhp - 360bhp and around 360 ft/lbs of torque from the BUL engine with a k04 hybrid turbo. I would go to a reputable tuner if you want remap as apose to using a bluefin. That way you know what your getting and how it's running. Mine had a map on from what looked like something similar and it did nothing other than richen the fuel ratios, none of which Indicated any power increase at all. If you was to go stage 2 + on the standard turbo you may see around 270bhp. It's the torque figures that shoot through the roof. My mates golf gti is running 280bhp and 300 ft/lbs stage 2+ but the the k03 is pretty much on its limits.