Query on remapping

krymu

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time on here :)

I have recently just bought a Audi 2007 2.0T FSI Sline which has done 125k miles. I have just got a Miltek Exhaust for it and looking to remap it for another 60-70bhp, i know some of you might not like the idea of doing this.

Just worried that after remapping it that the engine could die on me because i saw on another post that his 2005 plate what did 120k miles engine died. It's got a great service history and the only thing i have had to change on it was the coil packs, other than that it runs like a charm.

Any help would be great

Thanks again :)

well firstly if you have the later engines the BUL which are 220 hp you are never going to get 60-70hp from a stage one map. Even if it was a 200hp engine you only going to see around 50 hp anyway.

I would say its best to have your vehicle scanned see if there is any faults. Buy an uprated Diverter valve, and make sure your timing belt and chain have been replaced. And that you have decent oil in there as you will be pushing higher temps etc. So something like 5w40 would be good. And coil packs should have been a free change hope you didnt pay for them.

Otherwise that is the main things to worry about otherwise enjoy the map you will love it.

thanks a bunch mate, will get this all checked up before i think about remapping it. I didn't pay for the coil packs, made sure the dealership paid for them.

I only have the Miltek exhaust going to the cat, just wondering if i should buy the rest of the exhaust to the turbo before remapping it? Thinking of
ATP Downpipe for FWD 2.0T FSI/TSI Turbo up to 2011 | VW Performance Parts (not so great about car knowledge)
only problem i can see with that one is it has no cat so it will fail MOT?

Yeah could be good going for that cat too just do it all before the remap and tell the guy mapping it, look after the car and it won't die :icon_thumright:

thanks a bunch mate, will get this all checked up before i think about remapping it. I didn't pay for the coil packs, made sure the dealership paid for them.

I only have the Miltek exhaust going to the cat, just wondering if i should buy the rest of the exhaust to the turbo before remapping it? Thinking of
ATP Downpipe for FWD 2.0T FSI/TSI Turbo up to 2011 | VW Performance Parts (not so great about car knowledge)
only problem i can see with that one is it has no cat so it will fail MOT?

The part you linked above is not ofr your vehicle its for a audi A3 or mk/mk6 golf gti yours will be different. You can have the decat if you want its up to you. You will gain roughly 10/15hp depending on who maps the vehicle and they can cancel out the rear o2 sensor because if they dont it will constantly show a engine management light on the dash. And yes it will be an M0T failure for sure because one it wont be there and 2 your emissions will be higher, unless you know some one at a friend MOT station then you will be okay otherwise if they strict quite frankly just stick the map on personally its less hassle. Unless you prefer to change out the cat get the car remapped again. Otherwise if you going wiht a tuner say like revo you can buy an SPS device which will allow you to change your map on the fly. So again down to your wallet really and time.

Miltek do a high flow sports cat, more restrictive then a full decay, but still allows for more gains. You'll need an updated fuel pump as well if you want to get to the higher figures and you're looking at a stage 2 or more map...