Help me for the love of god......

Bertious

Reaction score
Hiya guys and girls!

im new to the world of audi and have to say it's not been a nice start!

Bought an 2005 audi a4 2.0 tdi and have not enjoyed a day so far!

On the way home from buying it, it went into limp mode - resulting in a new n75 valve and a new turbo (not cheap)

it now has the esp light coming up every so often and to top it off today the air bag light decided to say hello!

I have no no idea about the esp light comming up and staying on ( any help on that matter would be kindly taken) and in regards to the air bag light I have checked / unplugged all the cables under the front seats and they look fine (one has been cut and soldered back together and taped up)

But I can't get the light to go out!

I do have a code reader ( EOBD / OBDII live data)- cheap one from ebay but it can't find an error code!

Please help, or I will have no choice other then to drive it off a cliff!!

Cheers everyone

You relly need a proper diagnostics to check for faults.ESP could be a faulty brake light switch.Are the lights working .Maybe the a/bag light can be cleared if you have fixed any faulty connector.It wont go off on its own

Hiya chap,
I'm thinking audi garage tomorrow to get it checked ( might even put up a tent as I seem to be there more then at home) I don't think my cheapo reader is up to the task.

The esp light only comes up once or twice in a 48 hr period!

Daft question but would I just need to walk around the car and check all the lights?

The brake switch has two circuits inside it,so just because the brake lights work doesn't mean the switch is ok.Get a proper diagnostic check done.

Does the esp light need to be on to be able to read the code, thinking this as when I had turbo issues every time you turned off the car it reset it's self

No,if the light has been on but now gone off there should still be fault code stored.

Will get it scanned tomorrow then I'm thinking!
I'm sure when the car is running the way it should I will be happier! Just seems to never end at the mo!

Cheers for the advice guys I really appreciate it

No idea bud, will get it checked tomorrow and let you know!

I've been thinking that I don't really want to have to fork out every time a light comes on that I have to take it to the garage, can any of you guys recommend a good VAG scanning device?? , dont really want to spend over £50 on one if that's possible!

If you are going to take the plunge and invest in a proper VCDS scanning lead, why not keep it "in-house"? Forum member NHN is an authorised supplier. Send him a private message, and he can give you a quote.

Reactions: sidibear
Cheers guys, will do that one I get home! Just down at the garage and the problem was the brake light switch circuit! So that's being changed And there still fixing the air bag light as we speak! They think the problem is that someone has done a badge job on the cables under the drivers seat! So there going to mend that and go from there!

The cheap code readers only generally read the engine fault codes.

Just wanted to say cheers for all the help guys! Car is now running the way it should! For now that is! Lol

Reactions: jdp1962