Turbo and Egr question

Ash92

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a year owning my car I have finally come round.to.getting.a remap and.dpf removed which has made the car completely different I love.it.

Problem is, bloke at the garage said my turbo.could do with a change or recon soon as there is a slight bit of play.
I have found one of eBay which has been.removed from a audi q5 2.0tdi with part number kkk 53031015065. It's on a bargain at the moment bit unsure it will fit mine the bloke said it would fit most 2.0tdi engines bit.just wondering if any one could.give me a 100% confirmation I have a 2005 Audi A4 2.0tdi blb.

Also after the remap and dpf. Removed he ran a scan as it was smoking loads every thing come back good apart from the egr is stuck or something. I have booked in to get the egr delete next weekend. Will this change the performance? Will it be ok on.emissions as my mot is due soon? Iv seen loads of negativity on this delete.

Cheers in advance
Ash

Dpf is a fail starting from 26th feb if I remember correctly. The egr valve is one of the worst things they fit on diesels. Get it mapped out and blanked. Also remove the egr cooler as well as its a waste of space once you have mapped it out

Cheers for the reply I had the dpf nocked through so still.looks.like I have dpf and I'll mention the cooler on Saturday when it's in is there going to be any difference apart from space when.the egr is blanked of?

Cheers for the reply I had the dpf nocked through so still.looks.like I have dpf and I'll mention the cooler on Saturday when it's in is there going to be any difference apart from space when.the egr is blanked of?

You could leave if there and just blank if off if you wish. I would. Blank it off from both ends as egr coolers can leak Coolant

Egr is now blanked off but there is still.loads of smoke had a look at the rubber membrane at the top of rocker cover and that is mangled causing oil to leak into turbo threw the hoses. Getting this changed Friday but would this be the cause of smoking? Can't seem to find anything and it's starting to cost a bomb any one help or had similar problems

Cheers
Ash

I think this is what's happens to my one. The rocker cover thing on the top is letting too much oil pass. I blanked the bottom Jose with a Audi locking wheel but cap and put a oil breather on the other side so far so good it's running better and less of not no smoke coming from the exhaust. Still waiting for all the oil to burn off.

Well changed the rocker cover and.the smoke didn't.go got it.on.the ramps and there was oil leaking.from the turbo so had this replaced and it's gone. No more smoke :) just a hefty bill
Here's what was found!
20140214 13371220140214 134311