Brake pads

raycraig

Reaction score
Hello gents, I am going to be upgrading my discs and pads in the next week or so ( brake pad light is on and it looks like the previous owner has run them down to the metal at some point as they are very scored )
Going to be going for mtec discs with the mintex pads, only trouble is there is two options for the front pads!!Anyone know what the correct part number is? It's for an 55 plate 3.0 tdi avant B7
Ta muchly!

Hello gents, I am going to be upgrading my discs and pads in the next week or so ( brake pad light is on and it looks like the previous owner has run them down to the metal at some point as they are very scored )
Going to be going for mtec discs with the mintex pads, only trouble is there is two options for the front pads!!Anyone know what the correct part number is? It's for an 55 plate 3.0 tdi avant B7
Ta muchly!

Don't be too hasty, that's the set up I went for and they were rubbish.
I ended up swapping the pads for EBC yellowstuff ones, they are pricey but the difference was unbelievable and worth the extra cost.
I have the same car as you.

sorry to jump on this thread, i'm after replacement discs and pads for my 2.0 tdi 57 plate a4 avant, any advice would be great :)

Guys, can't give a view on MTEC or Yellow Stuff, but I had a torrid time with Mintex pads and discs and really advise to stay away from these.... for the A4 anyway. I changed last Summer to Zimmerman coated / non drilled discs last year with Ferodo front pads and Zimmerman rears pads. This combo' has worked really well for me, and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a Zimmerman set up for performance and value. Not sure where you can buy them from in the UK. I had a Mate who has an account with Zimmerman so got the from ze Fazerland at trade.

Good Luck,
A

MTEC and Mintex have worked fine for me. Been on for about 12,000 miles now and they're good as gold.

Price of Mintex discs and pads is always so god damn tempting, can't decide which way to go either :unsure:

That's another thing both Pagid and Mintex are from TMD friction so I never understand how they Mintex are supposedly so much worse :huh: looking for a definitive answer on what to go for myself as I have absolutely no experience with any of these.

That's another thing both Pagid and Mintex are from TMD friction so I never understand how they Mintex are supposedly so much worse :huh: looking for a definitive answer on what to go for myself as I have absolutely no experience with any of these.

I think the pads are ok....it's the Mintex discs I had issues with.....the warped very quickly and I drive like Miss Daisey at the best of times!

Pagid pads all around perfect for general driving and good enough for stopping when some **** pulls in or emergency brakes, but iv noticed a slight fade once i get them really hot but then again they are not performance pads. Had some yellow stuff as mentioned above in my 3.2 A4 along with the gold edition mtec discs, they where good enough to stop that every time!

Cheap enough, but it doesn't say what main stream original manufacturer the discs are, if it's Mintex I'd stay well clear.

Drilled usually crack from hole to hole and grooved is noisy. Grooved bite into the pad making more dust and reduced pad life.

Says Mtec discs, I understand philosophies on discs but drilled looks cool haha :noway: plus allot of people say it's all a myth (even Audi puts drilled as standard and they seem to hold up well enough).

Reactions: DieselJake