Badger5AH Fabrications

Thread: Scuttle shake

Neutral

Status

Scuttle shake

Peeps I cannot believe I've just entered the wonderful world of Audi, I cannot begin to tell you how great the car is but I suppose you know this already!! I've bought an A4 B7 2007 2.0 TFSI S-Line Cabriolet 2 wheel drive, manual on 18" balanced wheels and as I've already said, the best car I've owned, however, I find the there is quite a lot of scuttle shake ( especially compared to my mates Saab 9-3 aero 2.0T) and was wondering if I could stiffen the chassis ( although I guess Audi would have done a lot of research already) with strut braces?
    Also, I've noticed that when accelerating hard there is a tendency to torque steer over broken, cambered road surfaces, is this normal?
    And finally, on light braking, I can feel a slight pulsing through the brake pedal and a faint pulsing through the steering wheel on right turn but not on lock i.e. going round a roundabout. The car had only Done 33400 miles when I got it but I noticed the front near side alloy was badly gouged?
    sorry, one more question, why does it the engine sound like a diesel at low revs, TFSI perhaps?

i would appreciate any advice on the above and any on upgrades.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Did I mentioned that I've already replaced the alloys?

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbul68 View Post
    Did I mentioned that I've already replaced the alloys?
    Hi mate, glad you like your car. For the torque steer over uneven surfaces I would have the 4 wheel alignment done. It's amazing what a difference it makes. The brake pedal pulsing sounds like a slightly warped disc/s.
    The vibration from the wheels is abit of wired one. I've not experienced this in my time of driving , hopefully someone else may be able to help on this one... you've already done what I would have done
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

As for the TFSI sounding like a diesel on tick over.... They all do, nothing to worrie about, just listen out for excessive chain rattle. (Belt at the front, chain at the rear) I changed mine due to the tensioner becoming slack. These can fail causing serious damage. Audi don't recommend it as a serviceable part, but it's something you need to listen out for.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the reply, I've just read the same about the idle sound so I'm not worried and thanks for the tip about the chain, will keep a listen out for it.

Neutral

Status
    May be a stupid question but does the S-Line have sports suspension?, if so can I replace it with standard springs and shocks, maybe this will reduce scuttle shake

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbul68 View Post
    May be a stupid question but does the S-Line have sports suspension?, if so can I replace it with standard springs and shocks, maybe this will reduce scuttle shake
    S line comes with 30mm lower suspension than the se as far as I'm aware. Can't see the suspension being an issue tho to be honest.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Craigcull,
    30mm you say, mmmm? Not sure I want to raise the car up as it looks so damn sexy as it is, probably will live with the hard ride and just try and find smooth roads, know of any?