Audi A4 2.0 T FSI - Getting 10-15MPG?

Just thought I would give you guys an update, I *Think* i have found the reason for the low MPG.

Noticed that one of my tyres kept loosing pressure. I took it to see if it could be repaired. They guy took the tyre off and said that the sidewall had collapsed on the inside (tyre looked fine from the outside) and said it was not making a seal around the alloy hense the leaky air.

Had the tyre replaced and the last 2 days I have been getting around 30MPG on the DIS using the same old petrol (running the tank low and then filling up with a nice tank of V Power) thinking about the Redex.....I'm pretty sure I inflated all the tyres up at the same time, hens why it looked like the Redex was doing the job haha!

Reactions: scotty76
Tyres low on pressure certainly wont make that kind of mpg difference, I would be surprised if it even made 5 precent difference at most.

Hi guys I'm abit late on this one but i drive a 2005 3.2 Quattro petrol and i do a lot of motor way miles at 65 70 mph and i got 365 miles out of a tank the other week.

Tyres low on pressure certainly wont make that kind of mpg difference, I would be surprised if it even made 5 precent difference at most.

Strongly agree with you. Even with tyres under inflated like 70% of motorists tyres are, I strongly doubt such a massive gain as said above 5% at most 8% at a push which with 15mpg avg would equate to around 1.2mpg extra. So essentially you have gained 100% gain in fuel economy.

Dont bother with redex. Shell vpower is your redex :) Just go to the petrol station with a bottle and put 500ml in it and write redex on it will do the same thing honest.

Strongly agree with you. Even with tyres under inflated like 70% of motorists tyres are, I strongly doubt such a massive gain as said above 5% at most 8% at a push which with 15mpg avg would equate to around 1.2mpg extra. So essentially you have gained 100% gain in fuel economy.

Dont bother with redex. Shell vpower is your redex :) Just go to the petrol station with a bottle and put 500ml in it and write redex on it will do the same thing honest.

So strange! I was thinking it can't make that sort of MPG increase either, but my DIS disagrees and the last 2-3 days has been getting up to 30MPG.

When I first start the car I reset trip 1 and after a few secs it shows around 15MPG, then after a mile it gets to about 20, then the last 2 miles which is on the A12 it finally creeps up to 30MPG doing a steady 50MPH @ 1500k RPM.

Still need to get a full service done on it, got my ATF change booked for next week and need to get the service done when I get some more money together, had to spend out just over £1000 in the last month or two on it. Previous owner don't look like they had done anything.