Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

First time Audi ownership (intro)

Hi all,

Picked up my first Audi, B7 A4 2.0TDi (170) Quattro Avant S Line SE, a week ago but have been lurking around here for the last few weeks trying to read up on as much as I can.

About 18 months ago my Alfa Romeo estate died a sad death so I was looking into getting an A4 as a replacement however I could only find a few that I liked but wasn't able to get them, so had to settle on a Corsa in the meantime.

The best A4 I found back then was a dolphin grey S-Line SE but wasn't a Quattro. 18 months into my Corsa ownership I thought I'd look back into the A4s and that's when I spotted the one I have now, exactly like the one I saw 18 months ago but is the Quattro version so I jumped at the chance to get it.

I've always been a fan of the older but nicer cars so after having the Corsa I was a bit uncertain going from something so new and 'perfect' to another "older" car. The Corsa was 2.5 years old with 14k miles when I got it and it really surprised me with how good it was.

So far the A4 has been really good, has met my expectations and I don't have any concerns (for now). I used to do a lot of my own work (maintenance/mods) on previous cars but now I have less time and space to do this so need the A4 to be as reliable as it can be - time will tell!

Been doing some reading on the EGR and DPF. What are the general thoughts on blanking/removing these and what are the pros/cons of both. Have been considering doing the EGR blank but have read that once others have done this they have ended up with the shudder issue when shutting off the engine. What was the best fix if that did happen?

I'm not planning to do any mods. Stopped going that route once parts ended up getting damaged. The only thing I think I would do with the A4 is change the silver interior trim for the OEM Carbon one but I can't see that happening too easily, or any time soon. Have considered debadging the rear but not convinced yet. Also been considering getting black badges for the front and rear but again, not fully convinced. The black badge at the front looks great but I'm not sure about the rear - any got pics of Dolphin Grey with a black badge at rear?

I'm currently on my first full tank of fuel and monitoring the mpg. Seems to be a bit thirstier than I had planned but will see how the next few full tanks go.

Here are some pics (number plate removed via paint!)

Thanks,
    Camster.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will add you to scottish members list. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

6th Gear

Status
    Nice car fella and welcome, you could go down the route of carbon wrapping your interior trim, easy enough to do with patience and looks great. Her's mine

A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Neutral

Status
    The wrapping looks good but I'm a bit of a stickler for OEM parts if they're out there. If I win the lottery then I'll buy them OEM!

Need to try and resist the mods!!