Brakes - AGAIN!!!

ricostuart

Reaction score
So I got new discs (2nd set in 6 months) just prior to xmas due to brake wobble. Its started again! Annoyingly, so going to take the car back to the garage to sort (again!).

Does anyone know where I can get caliper rebuild kits? Thats my next job is to strip them all down and refurb them completly. Possibly get them powdercoated at the same time.

Also, once I have them back to 100% all round, will put it up for sale. Its a very good car, but the fuel bills are starting to pinch a little (I do 50+ miles per day, every day!)

Bigg red online or genuine from dealers or tps.

Bigg red kits come with everything you need to rebuild the calipers (including hand brake seals for rears) where as genuine ones you have to buy seal kits and slider kits etc...

I've just refurbed a set of s4 calipers to put on mine and originally brought bigg red kits but when I fitted them I didnt think that the dust seals were as good as genuine ones so replaced them.

If the piston and dust seals are of any use to you your more than welcome to have them, there is nothing actually wrong with them and it is probably me just being paranoid. They were only fitted to calipers for a couple of days but never used.

Thanks for that mate. Could well be interested. Will take the car back to the shop first before I do anything, then see how it all goes. :)

no worries mate, if you want them pm me your address and i'll send them in the post.