Changing Rocker Cover Gasket - 2.0 TDI

Wrath

Reaction score
Just had a call from the dealers as my car is in for a service and MOT. They've mentioned there was a small bit of oil coming from the rocker cover, nothing to worry about but they had to mention it. They said it's likely to be the gasket needs replacing but I should check it in a few months.

Have any of you changed the gasket? If so, is it easy? Any special tools? Any tips? What was the part number and how much was it?

Car is a BLB 2.0 TDI.

It's either a hex bold or torx head screwdriver required, but cannot remember. Simple enough job. Part number for the gasket is 03G103483B around £20.

Cheers for the part number. Makes more sense doing it now. I asked them how much they'd charge and they said £120!

Its really easy, theres about 10-12 torx bolts you remove and a pipe on top of the cover.
When putting the rocker cover back on make sure you don't over tighten the bolts or you will be shafted.
If you can get hold of autodata find out the torque figures, when I done my glow plugs I think autodata said the bolts were 10Nm and tighten them going from the inside out to the corners.

You also need to put a little bit of sealer on the corners of where the gasket goes round the injector wiring loom.