What phone ?

Not 100% sure but think that's the generic base, think you buy the holder specific to your phone and clip it on to that base.

You need to check with audi if your current handset has a holder available, think audi's website for accessories may help, what handset you got now, but could also just use the Bluetooth it has.

Got a crappy old samsung galaxy ace, put bluetooth on & you can watch the battery rapidly disappear.

I had an ace for a period, it was fine if charged the night before.

Its a separate module & works with any oem radio, just you don't get interaction like an rns would do.

Thanks for the quick reply. So to clarify, if the car came with that holder already installed , that means there is an existing bluetooth module inside ? Or am I way off ? Have exactly the same in mine but whenever tried searching for it on my phone to pair it up , don't receive any matches so assumed the Bluetooth isn't there.

There are 2 telephone system types, every car I've come across with that cradle type has had BT fitted, as its a B7 then I suspect it has BT module fitted aswell, only way to tell is to scan with vcds for modules fitted which should show as 77 & in 77 it will show a part number, if that shows nothing, then check coding in instruments adaption channel for the bus to see if telephones enabled, of which it should be with the cradle fitted, the ultimate way to check is to check under the drivers carpet for the box to see if its in there.

I bought my B7 second-hand in 2010. It was fitted with this cradle, which I didn't want. I managed to persaude the supplying dealer to remove it and fit a new console without the mounting holes. The car also has RNS-E and the bluetooth module.

Nigel, you may recall when you were fitting the multi-function wheel and speech dialogue system wondering what this apparently redundant cable and connector was for. It was the feed to the now non-existent phone cradle.