PLS HELP! Throttle problem? EGR valve?- any ideas gratefully received :-)

Djx

Reaction score
I have an 05 Audi A4 B7 2.0tdi s-line and its developed a problem. Its had a bit of a problem for awhile where at certain revs it would cough and struggle under load at certain revs and I just drove around this as its was erratic and probably due to the EGR valve after searching these forums and as my local garage placed it on diagnostic this seemed to back this up. However it was running fine and the other morning upon start up the glow plug light and the ASR light cameon , even the ABS light at one point, and it was suddenly developed the fault of barely running and struggling for any throttle response. The throttle doesn't seem to work and doesn't respond to using altho the car starts and idles just fine.

Its been in today on diagnostics as it was coincidently due a service and it came up with the error codes - PO671,PO672,PO673 Glow plug circuit in the corresponding cyllinders. Naturally today its had all the filters changed and oil and the the day before it was serviced it came up with the throttle actuator unit on the diagnostics so the throttle body was removed and cleaned on the service and it was observed that it wasn't that bad but cleaned anyway and it seems to havee made no difference at all. My independent garage who my friend runs has advised me it could be the throttle body unit itself, the throttle, its control unit or maybe even the ECU but obviously its a matter of starting with the cheapest idea first and eliminating those.

It now seems to have no throttle response but it also seems to respond at times and the revs react as usual but that is only occasionally. I would appreciate any comments or ideas or if anyone had had a similar problem as to know how to proceed for thee best from here. Thanking you in advance! DJX

id go to a better garage to start with
and welcome

Reactions: DieselJake
Thanks for the welcome Bez. My mate owns the garage so he is someone I know and trust and he has seem similar problems in other vehicles but as an independent garage services all makes so its hard to be certain of anything so I thought i'd check on here with possible insider knowledge and also owners with common problems etc...... heres hoping! :)