A4 Avant small coolant leak

tomyoud

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I've just bought a 2008 1.9 TDi A4 Avant s-line. I have noticed that there is a very small leak around the thermostat housing area.

View attachment 25520

It's this metal pipe (second picture arrowed) I think which goes into where the thermostat goes and then into the heating matrix for the inside of the car. I can feel it's a little damp under the pipe and there is a small ledge for it to drip onto so there is a small amount on there.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me to fix/how much it would cost from a dealer to fix?

I don't think it's very serious at the moment because when I unscrew the expansion tank it has got lots of pressure.

Many thanks
Tom

Last edited:
I reckon a new o-ring would possibly fix this unless the pipes been damaged, if the stats been changed its possible o-ring was fitted badly, it would need removing ideally to inspect & resolve, having a spare new o-ring to fit.

It doesn't look damaged....it's just a metal pipe. Do you know if you can just order a single o-ring for it?