Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Avant Fuel Consumption?

I've tried searching this and other forums along with some Googling but don't seem to be able to find any decent fuel economy figures.

I'm looking at getting a B7 Avant 2.0 TFSi and was wondering what kind of fuel consumption figures people are getting on these?
    Figures online seem to vary hugely from low 20's to mid 30's. I was hoping that something around high 20's around town would be possible and mid to high 30's on a steady motorway run.
    Does this sound realistic?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey,

These motors can be very efficient for what they are if you drive them nicely.

But the avants have a larger fuel tank than the saloons. But none the less its the same engine.

Now I have the 2.0 TFSI DTM which is the 220hp engine as you get 2 variants the 200/220hp.

I know this is not a exact vehicle which it is being compared to but mine I get around 21 to 24.65 in town on the open road I get around 36/37. Thou I could achieve more if I had cruise control for the open road.

But bare in mind the quattros do use alot more fuel than the front wheel drives. My friend has the 200hp avant fwd and he gets around 24 in town but he does rag it a bit. open road he said numerous times he can get 38-40.

Hope this helps

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Giosabcsl View Post
    Hey,

These motors can be very efficient for what they are if you drive them nicely.

But the avants have a larger fuel tank than the saloons. But none the less its the same engine.

Now I have the 2.0 TFSI DTM which is the 220hp engine as you get 2 variants the 200/220hp.

I know this is not a exact vehicle which it is being compared to but mine I get around 21 to 24.65 in town on the open road I get around 36/37. Thou I could achieve more if I had cruise control for the open road.

But bare in mind the quattros do use alot more fuel than the front wheel drives. My friend has the 200hp avant fwd and he gets around 24 in town but he does rag it a bit. open road he said numerous times he can get 38-40.

Hope this helps
    Great, that's the kind of figures I was hoping for!

The car I'm looking at is the 220bhp FWD model so not too much different to yours.

2nd Gear

Status
    Glad you are happy in that case.

Just some stats my DTM weighs 1520kg, Sline Avant 2.0T 220hp 1515kg .

So even thou you have a bigger boot and bigger arse I am still heaver than you.

5th Gear

Status
    Hej

I have been tracking my mileage for over a year. I have the bgb 200bhp engine fwd, with a MTM stage 1 remap. Most of my driving is A road, Motorway.

Check it out below.I should add as other mentioned, Quattros are a lot heavier on the gas than FWD and both don't like pootling around town....they much prefer the open road and with good servicing and regular filter and lubes you'll be pretty pleased with mpg v performance.

Cheers
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 7th January 2014 at 12:02.

5th Gear

Status
    My FWD 2.0T FSI saloon has pretty much always averaged 30mpg. It's been Shark stage 1 remapped since last summer and it's still doing 30mpg. I do a mix of motorway and traffic.