3 litre tdi auto 4wd avant s line

donniemo99

Reaction score
Hi All

Im looking at purchasing the above vehicle as per the title. What real MPG figures can you give me. Ideally I would have liked a 2 litre quattro auto avant sline but not sure if there is such a spec. If so please quote some figures for both. New to looking at Audi. Looking at a getting roughly late 2005 to late 2007 models. Dont want the 2.5

Rgds

Donnie

Hej and welcome to the Forum. Here's the official figures for the manual...sorry they don't have auto info.....am guessing these are extremely optimistic and you can take a good % off of these for an auto box. 3.0 TDI quattro SE Avant | A4 B7 2005 | Audi | Reviews | Honest John Am sure another Forum member will be along soon with better info. According to the HJ site there was a 2.0 TDI Q Avant s - line available if it's a diesel you are after that is.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
I have a 3.0TDi SE Quattro Automatic saloon. I typically get from low thirties in mixed urban driving to mid to late forties on a steady 70mph+ cruise.

Reactions: scotty76
I have a 3.0TDi SE Quattro Automatic saloon. I typically get from low thirties in mixed urban driving to mid to late forties on a steady 70mph+ cruise.

Same here on those figures, and when the wife uses it high thirties in mixed urban !!
Mines a 3.0tdi TDV Quattro S-line Avant 6sp manual.

My dads had his saloon 3 months now and averaged 47 mpg over his last full tank. The dis reported 49mpg. Im still struggling to get over the unbelievable economy and it pulls like a train!
I love my 2.0t fsi but the 3.0 tdi quattro is my second (if not my guilty first) favourite :)

Meant to say. Its the 3.0 tdi quattro S Line. They seem to be rare aswell, especially with high spec

Same here on those figures, and when the wife uses it high thirties in mixed urban !!
Mines a 3.0tdi TDV Quattro S-line Avant 6sp manual.

Yours sounded torquey as hell when you set off the other day! Nearly spun the rear wheels! Sounds nice aswell :)

Reactions: V6 Quatt and Jimbo.King
Yours sounded torquey as hell when you set off the other day! Nearly spun the rear wheels! Sounds nice aswell :)

It usually does, the back end feels like it's trying to overtake the front sometimes when you give the loud pedal some large !! It's Ricks fault at unicorn ;-) lol

Reactions: Craig Cull
It usually does, the back end feels like it's trying to overtake the front sometimes when you give the loud pedal some large !! It's Ricks fault at unicorn ;-) lol

Haha! Yeah i usually use his name when i get pulled lol! Doesnt seem to work tho! Haha!
Yeah sounded sweet, cant beat a v6!

Reactions: V6 Quatt
My dads had his saloon 3 months now and averaged 47 mpg over his last full tank. The dis reported 49mpg. Im still struggling to get over the unbelievable economy and it pulls like a train!
I love my 2.0t fsi but the 3.0 tdi quattro is my second (if not my guilty first) favourite :)

47mpg? Are you sure? I only just manage that on my 2WD 2.0 TDi to a tank.

Best I've seen out of my dad's Auto 3.0 TDi Quattro is 40-45mpg on the DIS and that was on a long run. Average he gets around 35-38mpg and he drives like a grandad (he is in fact).

47mpg? Are you sure?

Best I've seen out of my dad's Auto 3.0 TDi Quattro is 40-45mpg on the DIS and that was on a long run. Average he gets around 35-38mpg and he drives like a grandad (he is in fact).

Im that confident that i would even recommend you go for a drive with my dad. The only reason he isnt a grandad at 52 is coz his 29 year old (married) son has only managed to supply him with a puppy lol. Although my dads is a manual.... in order for my mum to let him have it, he had to make sure it returned good mpg.... Its amazing what you can do when you wana prove the wife wrong.
Jokes aside, ive seen it for myself and was astonished. Ill get the exact figures tomorrow mate, price for the tank, mileage over the tank and let you do the figures. It wont be wrong, my dads worse than me lol!

Yes, I should add that mine's been remapped too. I went for the gentler map, which delivers "only" 257bhp and 383 lb/ft of torque.

The thing is; you can argue a couple of mpg here and there, but the fact remains, this is a shockingly and effortlessly fast car that delivers real word fuel consumption on par with a mid-range everyman Ford Focus.

Reactions: Craig Cull
I had a look earlier and I think they did a 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line B7 but only a manual not auto.
My B8 3.0 Manual seems to do low 30's around town and high 30's low 40's on a run. They are very good and hopefully will be better when the DPF is removed and it's mapped.
It's easier to find an auto 3.0 than a manual when I was looking for my B8 it seems that they are about 2/3 auto and 1/3 manual.

Karl.

Did you get the light range sorted??

Yes mate, jimbo kindly met up with me and sorted it for me. I turned the ignition on with the coil packs disconnected to build up oil pressure without the front panel on, so i didnt spin the turbo dry. It logged the fault then i think. But all great now :)

Reactions: Jimbo.King
I've been measuring my mpg for the last year. I do a lot of short town journies, and average 32mpg per tank. On longer runs you could knock 40mpg per tank.

I can get 30 mpg round town and 45 mpg on a run from my 2.0t fsi quattro special edition with a k04 hybrid. Thats on v power nitro.

2007 3.0 TDI Avant Manual around town shows around 35 on the motorway at 70 will show 47 at 90 shows about 39. Best ever seen is 52. Thats all OBC readings

I did a trip to Drayton manor (Birmingham) from Leeds, on the way down the best it was showing was 49.5mpg and on the way back 52.5mpg, tanked it before going and did the same when I got back to get a true mpg reading and it worked out at 40.4mpg over 220 miles, I think the OBC needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, I work on that if I get 400 miles to a tank I'm happy.

Brim to brim is the only way to calculate the Mpg, the |DIS is very misleading...

^ as above. I use an app on my phone to work it out. The DIS is slightly over. Still happy with my MPG though, I do have a heavy right foot at times :)

mpg wise i dont look to often, over the last 7-8 months of ownership i have got any where between 400 miles and best so far was just over 500 miles per tank, mainly between 460 and 480, im still shocked by the amount i can get out of it, compared to my old seat leon 150+ PD, but like most people say it is driving style and the roads that kill the mpg, hills kill the mpg very quickly.

Hi all. Thanks very much for alk your replies so far and keep them coming. Im fairly convinced i want one of these beasts. Anything to look out for on test drives / checks when buying. Cheers all again for your input

Hi donnie, I have only have mine (3.0 tdi avant s-line quattro) for 3 weeks and have averaged about 32.5mpg after 3 fill ups.
I could not recommend the car highly enough, pulls like a train when needed, more than suitable from cruising and the mrs likes it!

Look out for a faulty rear wiper / washer jet. These are a common problem so it seems and will probably result in needing a new motor ( £80) and time to change it. Just need to make sure it moves and squirts! All the usual checks, brakes, tyres, etc!
I am sure there are other issues to look out for but you will have to wait till someone tells you about them!

I regularly get between 480 and 500 miles to a tank in my A4 3.0 tdi s-line 233 manual, obc reading is usually sitting between 45 - 47mpg.

Is that around town or motorway? My 2.0 170 Quattro is quite shocking. Around town I see 350-370 max to a tank. On a run and purely on a run I can get 600-650. Oh and that's on she'll V power Diesel. In my old b7 2.0 tdi 140 fwd I got 490-500 around town. I never tried that on a run