Volks AutosBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Little upgrade

5th Gear

Status

Little upgrade

So today I bought myself a 2006 A4 saloon 2.0T Special edition S Line in metallic dolphin grey.

Its No S4 like planned but I just couldn't warrant the fuel costs for the time being.
    None the less 100bhp more is a refresh in difference from the B7 TDI.

Managed to wangle a free cambelt and waterpump replacement into the price also so happy happy.

pick up Friday so will post some pics ASAP

Happy new year peeps
    DieselJake likes this.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, S Badge, LED np lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s. Next Oval tailpipes/alloy Respray/discs/pads

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Craig Cull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    So today I bought myself a 2006 A4 saloon 2.0T Special edition S Line in metallic dolphin grey.

Its No S4 like planned but I just couldn't warrant the fuel costs for the time being.
    None the less 100bhp more is a refresh in difference from the B7 TDI.

Managed to wangle a free cambelt and waterpump replacement into the price also so happy happy.

pick up Friday so will post some pics ASAP

Happy new year peeps
    Welcome mate! Best car i ever bought... Yeah expensive sometimes and mid range lacks the torque of a diesel, but a few minor mods and your laughing. Get some pics up
    Happy new year!
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the club
    09 S4 3.0 Supercharged MRC Stage 2 remap 480BHP

07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, plus loads of mods - SOLD

5th Gear

Status
    Welcome ......read on and you'll soon be spunking your weekly wage some go faster goodies courtesy of all the nutters on here! You will be able to get it a bit nippier hehehehe Pics please asap!

That's a good deal you got having the belt and pump done....great peace of mind.....now get the moddin' done!

BR
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 1st January 2014 at 16:54.

5th Gear

Status
    Heh wasn't bad, also got 6 months tax and full service too. I noticed the brake discs and pads may need replacing soon though, and tees look a little bigger than standard B7 2.0 TDI discs. Will Audi still do these as fixed price as it's still a 2 litre?
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, S Badge, LED np lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s. Next Oval tailpipes/alloy Respray/discs/pads

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Heh wasn't bad, also got 6 months tax and full service too. I noticed the brake discs and pads may need replacing soon though, and tees look a little bigger than standard B7 2.0 TDI discs. Will Audi still do these as fixed price as it's still a 2 litre?
    Yeah bigger on the 220, i priced discs up from audi, £250 for the pair. Which i thought was shocking. Put another set of pads on and made them last lol!
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.

5th Gear

Status
    Blimey! I see on eBay a company selling new front and rear discs and pads for £239 for the entire lot. Front vented cross drilled/grooved 312mm and rear solid cross drilled/grooved 256mm with all pads from mintex. Mintex discs/pads any good, anyone use them?

2nd Gear

Status
    Mintex pads are good, cant comment on the discs.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Blimey! I see on eBay a company selling new front and rear discs and pads for £239 for the entire lot. Front vented cross drilled/grooved 312mm and rear solid cross drilled/grooved 256mm with all pads from mintex. Mintex discs/pads any good, anyone use them?
    Yours are 320mm on the front mate. Ive used cheap pads and it stops fine. Some will argue that they fade etc, but who try's breaking the sound barrier on the way to work lol! Also others have said the discs can warp quite easily but same again. They will have to meet some safety standards and at £250 for 4 discs and pads, you can afford to change them if they do warp. I would imagine you would have to get them pretty hot like

5th Gear

Status
    Good luck on buying Mintex discs Matey.....mine lasted 6 months on the front. Heartily recommend Zimmermanns if you can find them.

BR
    A

5th Gear

Status
    6 months at the mercy o what driving style lol? I brake as little as possible when I drive lol maybe they would last longer. Did they rust quick when you had minted discs or were they ok until they wore out? And was that due to wearing down or warping

5th Gear

Status
    6 months at the mercy o what driving style lol? I brake as little as possible when I drive lol maybe they would last longer. Did they rust quick when you had minted discs or were they ok until they wore out? And was that due to wearing down or warping
    They warped at the front after about 6 months and I don't have an aggressive driving style either! Bought Zimmermann coated, non drilled discs last Summer and they have been great and have done about 15k Miles in them at least.

Cheers
    A

5th Gear

Status
    I'll have to have a look about after I fully check tomorrow of they need replacing just yet or not

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I bought some drilled discs from crnproducts for my leon cupra R. They where a good price and never warped. Could be worth a shot. They are on ebay aswell

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Also had the brembo 4 pot calipers

5th Gear

Status
    I found the right ones... 320/288 mm discs, which are brembo discs apparently. With Mintex pads.

AUDI A4 2.0 TURBO S LINE SPECIAL EDITION (B7) BRAKE DISC DRILLED GROOVED & PADS | eBay

5th Gear

Status
    I assume these Mintex pads do fit straight into the stock calipers on this model then?
    Last edited by Av4nt; 2nd January 2014 at 19:44.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I assume these Mintex pads do fit straight into the stock calipers on this model then?
    I would just send them your reg just to make sure, but yeah i would buy them if i was going down that route.

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry for delay in piccies but they are now below. For 71k the car is immaculate inside and out!
    Unfortunately I could not transfer my RS6 19"s over because the offset of the spokes hit the front calipers didnt wanna wait for spacers.
    These wheels are growing on me now though tbh.

Bonus however was the car oddly came with three brand new tyres and one barely legal one... so i thought id check the spare and see if it was worth swapping... it had a brand spanking new Contisport 5 on it! WIN

New chrome powerflow tailpipes are being added near end of the month. Cant decide on round or oval though??
    New discs and pads to be sought
    and will be chrome slatting the grille soon
    Last edited by Av4nt; 7th January 2014 at 16:45.
    THQuattro likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    Yeah bigger on the 220, i priced discs up from audi, £250 for the pair. Which i thought was shocking. Put another set of pads on and made them last lol!
    Craig which Audi did you find this price at for front discs!! I went to my dealer last night out of interest... Front discs £166 each! Insane. That £250 doesnt sound bad in comparison lol

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Craig which Audi did you find this price at for front discs!! I went to my dealer last night out of interest... Front discs £166 each! Insane. That £250 doesnt sound bad in comparison lol
    It was around £250 with 30% discount through work mate, which was still too much lol! Sounds like theyve gone up in price! Ridiculous price

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    It was around £250 with 30% discount through work mate, which was still too much lol! Sounds like theyve gone up in price! Ridiculous price
    Ah right. Ridiculous isnt it. ECS parts do front cross drilled/punched discs including shipping for cheaper and thats from the us ffs!
    no wonder audi have so much money lol

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Ah right. Ridiculous isnt it. ECS parts do front cross drilled/punched discs including shipping for cheaper and thats from the us ffs!
    no wonder audi have so much money lol
    Exactly, scandalous they are!

5th Gear

Status
    When I was at the dealer they asked me if it had recently been serviced...yes thanks a couple of days ago. "ok well shall we book it in for a free health check"...so you can find a list of 100 things you would LIKE to replace that dont need replacing you mean?? pfft

2nd Gear

Status
    To comment on your health check yes they will try and find anything wrong with the vehicle as they did with the free health check.

Thou there was a coil pack recall outstanding so on the plus side i got 4 new coil packs And if you have had your vehicle dont let them scan or change your software like they did with mine and lost my performance aftermarket map on the car

As for the brakes what exactly are you after?

5th Gear

Status
    I wont let them scan mine as i never intend to give it to them. i use an audi specialist who are just as, if not more knowledgeable then their own staff!! As for brakes it was just a guage on pricing for their direct replacements, but i have found Brembo discs and mintex pads front and back for £289 nad ill get them fitted by an AA mechanic mate. job done

5th Gear

Status
    Ah yes, comedy Audi pricing. For a giggle I asked them how much for a new battery...

Battery: £116.65
    Fitting: £72

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Ah yes, comedy Audi pricing. For a giggle I asked them how much for a new battery...
    omfg hahah £72 to fit battery. Thats a whole new level of epic! so in other words thats them saying it will take them an hour and a quarter to fit a god damn battery inline with their average labour charge per hour. what a joke.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Actually that is not to bad considering a Bosch S5 battery with a 5 year warranty retails for 128.10 and with discount about 97-100.

omfg hahah £72 to fit battery. Thats a whole new level of epic! so in other words thats them saying it will take them an hour and a quarter to fit a god damn battery inline with their average labour charge per hour. what a joke.
    Just to set the record straight scotty is actually being charged 75 for 45 mins work and not hour and half as Audi charge 108-112 per a hour inc of vat. Which in fairness is again not to bad in terms of time frame but by no means cheap. Its not really fun getting the battery out as a single person and that stupid clip/pin that holds the battery in place is a pain in the arse as well as putting it back. Thou Audis rates are still day light robbery.

5th Gear

Status
    Little mod... have chromed the grille.

5th Gear

Status
    Wanting more small mods to do but not sure what there is to mod lol.

Left to do atm is replacing tailpipes, Painting calipers red with S4 springs, Cupra Splitter, hopefully change alloys to rotors or RS4 7 spokes and toying with the idea of Xenon projector conversion for the headlights. not sure on that one though cos I aint got a clue how to do it lol.

PS - if anyone wants their S-Line grille chrome stripped.. PM for details.
    Last edited by Av4nt; 13th January 2014 at 03:05.

5th Gear

Status
    Mandatory addition to back windows

Macdoon likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Looking forward to seeing yer motor in the flesh pal, looks great
    Av4nt likes this.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Gloss black RS4 style mesh grille,fog grilles,splitter trim,A8 boot rings,rear diffuser & door blades.
    Ice White fogs, Tints, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior,satin black exhaust tips, black calipers/red Audi rings.

5th Gear

Status
    so a few more small touches added. I took a trip to essex last week to meet up with Macdoon and grab a cupra splitter and some rotors. What a top bloke he is and a gorgeous B7 he has!

Here he is getting his multi task fully on..

hooked me up with these 18" rotors, lovely lovely

she needs lowering a little!

Also got some LED ice white number plate lights from him

and Iv'e grabbed a pair of S4 wing mirror housings

New tailpipes on thursday

6th Gear

Status
    Happy days pal, was good to see yer motor, and help you out. Glad you like all the wee mods, the car looks great.

Hope to see you at AITP6 pal, til then happy modding lol
    Av4nt likes this.

Gloss black RS4 style mesh grille,fog grilles,splitter trim,A8 boot rings,rear diffuser & door blades.
    Ice White fogs, Tints, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior,satin black exhaust tips, black calipers/red Audi rings.

2nd Gear

Status
    Fantastic updates. Not hanging around are you!

Have you got a link to the rear led bulbs please?

Keep it up!
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowen View Post
    Fantastic updates. Not hanging around are you!

Have you got a link to the rear led bulbs please?

Keep it up!
    I got them from macdoon so he may be able to supply the link from where they came dude
    Macdoon and bowen like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok, thanks mate
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowen View Post
    Ok, thanks mate
    Here you pal

Audi A3 8P A4 S4 B6 8E RS4 B7 A6 C6 RS6 Q7 LED License Number Plate Light S Line | eBay

Mac

5th Gear

Status
    THey are the ones indeed. Unscrew originals and rescrew these in. very simple and look brill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast