Shortened number pates

Rastamouse

Welsh Audi Nut
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking to minimise the visual impact that the full sized number plate has on the front,was thinking of getting a shortened version of mine (B15 GWG) anyone know where i can get some from,would still require the std text,height and spacing of current legal plates.
My other option is to cut mine down each end. Anyone with pics of shortened plates on a b7. Would be great.

I'd just cut your current one down. Legally it must still have same font and same spacing between each digit as a normal plate.

Hardest bit with cutting them down is going to be stopping the reflective backing coming away from the perspex.

few of mine mate, all legal small plates

IMG_1954 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

and a very old pic around when i used to have the front plate on

IMG_0829 by D2NY G Photography, on Flickr

Thats exactly what I'm after danny,did you cut your original plates or did you buy em shortened,if so where did you get em from.

Don't you get any grief of the feds for driving without front plate?

not really mate,

my mate made them for me at his signshop can get you a price if interested

not really mate,

my mate made them for me at his signshop can get you a price if interested

Yeah,that would be good,thanks danny. Only need the front one shorter really,think a shortened one on the back would look to small with the big recess in the boot,unless i did us style boot lid like yours.

Yeah,that would be good,thanks danny. Only need the front one shorter really,think a shortened one on the back would look to small with the big recess in the boot,unless i did us style boot lid like yours.

ill txt him and let you know,
perfect excuse to US style ya boot man :thumbsup:

I run shortened plates on mine.

Strictly speaking they are illegal, because the 'BSAU' number is no longer shown - but apart from that, all legally spaced etc etc - would need to catch a policeman in a pretty bad mood to get bother for them.

Mine were just standard plates chopped down. Few deep scores with a stanley blade and you'll be able to get a nice clean 'snap' - then just a case of filing the edges a bit to smoothen it off.

Easy peasy.

So my numberplate was loose on friday so took the opportunity to shorten it ,instead of buying a shorter one,a few scores with the stanley worked a treat,then tidied the edges up on the grinding wheel.
Thinks it looks loads better?
before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1391974008907316

After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1391974080232486
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1391974142453822

What do you think?

Standard size looks better in my opinion the short one just looks to messed about with for my liking but I hate private regs anyways lol.