Screen wash level sensor

Rhodesy

Reaction score
Should our B7 have a sensor for the screen wash level? Ran out today with no warning.

definately one on the b6
connection is behind the passenger side front wheel underneath the wheel arch liner

Mine is the same, when it is low it dosn't give me a warning.

Hmmm thanks guys. I would have expected it to have one tbh but perhaps not then? The car has some form of DIS but not the full thing maybe as it only provides basic stuff.

Think I will have a look behind the wheel arch and will let you know if I find anything.

Press the check button and see if the washer warning comes up. It looks like a spouting whale....

No, doesn't come up mate. Just coolant, oil and brakes I think. Can it be easily enabled if the sensor is retro-fitted?

Yup needs to have the full DIS. If you do the retrofit of the DIS upgrade you have a choice, install the sensor into the washer bottle and run a wire back to the back of the dash, or don't do the sensor and just ground a pin on the back of the dash (and do without the warning).

Apart from that the DIS retrofit is a stalk and VCDS to change some settings, usually done at the same time as adding cruise (as it needs a stalk change too)

Well I topped up the screen wash today and found a wire going to a grommet on the top of the washer bottle. Would this be for the level sensor as I can't imagine what else it is for?

Well I topped up the screen wash today and found a wire going to a grommet on the top of the washer bottle. Would this be for the level sensor as I can't imagine what else it is for?

I think you might be referring to the overflow pipe here...

You could b right there bud 😄

20140102_181107.jpg

Never seen a washer bottle with an overflow before?

No not all cars have the sensor, it was never a default factory fitted item.