Retro fit cruise activating issue.

trickybusa

Reaction score
Morning All,

I have fitted the cruise and dis stalks to my 2006 A4 avant s line with multi function steering wheel and with Mike Fosters help (thank you) we managed to enable the dis function and I earthed out pin one to get rid of the washer level warning which is great. The problem I have now is I can not enable the cruise, when I go into 01-engine then into coding II- 11 and put in the activation code 11463-cruise activation and then click DO IT an error message comes up saying,

Login code not accepted by controller!

You will have to turn the ignition off
for a while before trying again.

Error22: Conditions not correct or request sequence error.

So not being a Vagcom guru i'm a bit stumped can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me as I've obviously missed a step out or have some thing missing.

Also for info when I go into 16-steering wheel then into meas. blocks-08 I can see that the car and Vagcom can see the stalk is fitted because when I move the stalk it says cruise switch on or off then it says resume etc so it does see it.

Cheers all,

Last edited:
So 16 is coded for cruise, did you try with engine started & just ignition turned on.

i had something like this the first cruise i ever did
i had engine running
engine off and it worked.

We had another go at this over the hols and managed to get rid of the error 22 some how not too sure what happened there. The only differences were that I have earthed out pin one at the back of the clocks to get rid of the low screen wash warning and also I had removed the rear wiper motor as it was faulty first try and I had replaced it on the second try. So first attempt was no wire to pin one and no rear wiper motor and dis up and working fine. So me and Mike Foster tried again this time we got no error 22 and it seemed to accept the 11463 code we had entered but the cruise did not work. Just remembered we noticed the clutch switch was not working so we called it a day. I then went and bought and fitted a new switch recoded again with the vag-com still no cruise so I tried the old locking the steering over fully from side to side drive for 200 yards turned the ignition off for thirty seconds and drove the car again and the cruise worked.

Cheers Rick......

Yeah if there is a module or sensor acting up & not sending correct signal as part of the cruise operating system, it will not allow coding to be done on most cars, sounds like the angle sensor etc needed to be reset aswell after the switch was replaced, glad all fixed.

Yeah if there is a module or sensor acting up & not sending correct signal as part of the cruise operating system, it will not allow coding to be done on most cars, sounds like the angle sensor etc needed to be reset aswell after the switch was replaced, glad all fixed.

Thanks NHN,

There is a lot of helpful advice and people on here.

Cheers Rick.......

Hi all, if I fit the cruise switch and DIS stalk this weekend will my car still work ok until I can get the new parts coded in?

Just thinking that you can't fit new bits as it may disable something on the car until it's coded will it make car in drivable ?

Thanks

Si

It will work fine

What exactly does the guy have to do for me that has the vcds ?
1) Recode the SCSM to tell it that a cruise control switch is present.
2) Enable the cruise control functionality in the engine ECU.
3) Test that it works.

1) Recode the SCSM to tell it that a cruise control switch is present.
2) Enable the cruise control functionality in the engine ECU.
3) Test that it works.
Ok thanks mate , any idea where I can get the vcds process for him and does my radio have to be re coded via vcds do you know as some people say once you disconnect battery you lose your code and it can only be done by logging into the ecu as the code is stored there ?

Si

Radio will not need recoding. It's coded to the car when new, if you remove radio and fit to another vehicle then it would need recoding

Ok thanks mate , any idea where I can get the vcds process for him
Try here http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...t-cruise-control-coding-activation-issue.html

Or the Ross-Tech wiki here Cruise Control Retrofitting (8E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

does my radio have to be re coded via vcds
Recoded? - no. Need the PIN entered? - different question. If it's the factory fit radio then it remembers the VIN and if that matches then there's no need to enter the PIN. So you shouldn't need the radio PIN code.

some people say once you disconnect battery you lose your code and it can only be done by logging into the ecu as the code is stored there ?
Sounds a load of twaddle to me...

Reactions: NHN
As Dave says its mostly Chinese whispers/pub talk, only had a handful in hundreds of units ever require a pin with battery of, they were anomaly's though, but I never take the battery leg of, as it needs vcds anyway, so the coder can clear airbag light at the same time.