A4 2.0tfsi door sensor problem ?

Morgan46

Reaction score
My car won't acknowledge that the door is closed so interior light stays on and electric mirrors and windows won't work from any switch on any door,it will acknowledge the rear doors are open/closed and the passenger one too but not drivers side ,I've checked the fuses they are all fine and the pin and lock are clean ?any ideas ?

If its anything like my old mk4 golf it'll be the door lock module in the door.

Could be a broken wire in the rubber gaiter between the door and the A pillar.

after looking at a few threads it looks like a micro switch problem inside the lock mechanism
Yeah all the micro switches that tell the comfort control ecu if the door is locked, unlocked, shut or open are located in the door lock module, if your handy with a soldering iron I think you can repair them but it's a lot easier to just swap it for a new or known working item.

Yeah all the micro switches that tell the comfort control ecu if the door is locked, unlocked, shut or open are located in the door lock module, if your handy with a soldering iron I think you can repair them but it's a lot easier to just swap it for a new or known working item.
think that's what I will do my mate works at Audi and gets things for me at his discount rate so will try that

Have fun, i dont think i have ever changed a door latch/catch mech thats easy!

Have fun, i dont think i have ever changed a door latch/catch mech thats easy!
I'm a windscreen fitter by trade so taking doors apart is to fit side glass is my speciality so shouldn't be too bad hopefully !