Removing the muck guards near the front wheels

Cornish

Reaction score
Hi,

Somehow one of the plastic guards underneath has been damaged and is broken. I've got a new guard but can't work out how to remove the "screws" that it holds it in place.

It's not a torx or allen key and levering with a screwdriver doesn't work. Does anyone now? The pictures I've taken are rubbish but I'll try again later.

Thanks

Hi,

Somehow one of the plastic guards underneath has been damaged and is broken. I've got a new guard but can't work out how to remove the "screws" that it holds it in place.

It's not a torx or allen key and levering with a screwdriver doesn't work. Does anyone now? The pictures I've taken are rubbish but I'll try again later.

Thanks

Never looked at the fixings on the B7 but if it's like any other VAG car they will have a small dowel you need to punch out of the centre before the fixing can be removed.

Like this.

41376 x600

Thanks, the split end looks like the top side of what I can see. How do you punch it out?
I'm usually quite good with trim clips but this has me foxed!

Below is what it looks side from below. It looks like a cap but isn't.

DSC 1248

The round bit levers out of the slightly larger round bit, probably pence, so smash one off to see how it works then buy a new one.

The round bit levers out of the slightly larger round bit, probably pence, so smash one off to see how it works then buy a new one.

If you do a little research all the VAG fixings are available off evilbay !