Audi A4 Avant Quattro S-Line 3.0 TDI Wheels?

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

You are going to a lot of effort to save a very small amount of money.

Can I ask where you usually buy your tyres from? Do you usually buy budget tyres? If not, what make/model?

Shop around for tyres, sites like camskill or mytyres.co.uk are cheap in some options.

Im sure if you can afford a 3.0tdi quattro, you can afford the extra few quid on decent tyres ;)

Fairly certain that the 8P uses a different offset to the B7.

They will fit but I think sit too far in/out the arches.

I was dead chuffed when the missus eyed up her audi quattro when i noticed it had 16 inch wheels, straight away i thought tidy price on the tyres and no bone jarring ride, obviously im getting old!

Reactions: tut_gareth
Thanks for the replies! Is a bit of hassle doing this but part of the reason was to improve the ride on our knackered local roads (well a bit anyway!) I would also consider 16's but I'm not sure the brakes would fit? If I get a cheap set of wheels and then sell the 18's I should break about even I hope.

Any ideas of the pcd and offset I would require?

Cheers for any help,

Oliver

If your main objective is to improve how the car rides, I'd suggest you leave the wheel and tyres as they are, and change the appalling OEM S-Line springs to a set of Eibachs.

Reactions: A4_MaJiK
Thanks for the replies! Is a bit of hassle doing this but part of the reason was to improve the ride on our knackered local roads (well a bit anyway!) I would also consider 16's but I'm not sure the brakes would fit? If I get a cheap set of wheels and then sell the 18's I should break about even I hope.

Any ideas of the pcd and offset I would require?

Cheers for any help,

Oliver

Im guessing the brakes are the same as the car is roughly the same weight and bhp?
I know the later ones have another 30bhp so maybe they are different

Thanks again all - very useful. In short term thought I would change the tyres as they need doing but better suspension is definitely on the cards - what are peoples preferred solutions to replace the s-line stuff?

Thanks again all - very useful. In short term thought I would change the tyres as they need doing but better suspension is definitely on the cards - what are peoples preferred solutions to replace the s-line stuff?

i have Eibach, as have plenty of others. They're very highly regarded. But H&R also have a very good reputation too. Talk to Damian at DPM Performance, one of our forum sponsors. He'll help you work out what are best for your car, and supply them with good all round service.